BBQ Chicken Cobb Salad
BBQ chicken cobb salad is the perfect summer dinner loaded with barbecued chicken, bacon, hard boiled egg, avocados, and more, on top of crispy romaine lettuce.
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 heads romaine lettuce chopped into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups BBQ chicken we especially like thigh meat for this salad, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 8 slices bacon cooked and crumbled into bite-size pieces
- 2 avocados diced
- 1 ½ cups sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 6 hard-boiled eggs chopped
- 3 roma tomatoes diced
- ½ red onion diced
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup sour cream or greek yogurt
- ½ teaspoon dried dill
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Wash the lettuce and pat dry with paper towels. Then chop the lettuce into bite-size pieces and arrange on large individual serving plates. Prepare remaining ingredients by chopping the bbq chicken, bacon, avocado, eggs, tomoatoes and onions and grating the cheese.
Arrange remaining salad components on top of the lettuce in rows with the chicken, hard boiled egg, bacon, and avocado as the middle rows and the tomatoes, onions, and cheese toward the outer edges of the salad.
Make the quick and easy ranch dressing by combining all of the ingredients in a shaker jar or bowl and shaking or whisking well. Serve the salad with ranch dressing drizzled over the top or on the side.
- You can use marinated grilled chicken instead of bbq chicken if you prefer.
- Rinsed and drained black beans, chopped cilantro or jalapeno, or grilled corn that has been sliced off of the cobb are all additional toppings for this salad that would be delicious.
Calories: 890kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 51g | Fat: 67g | Saturated Fat: 25g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 8g | Monounsaturated Fat: 28g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 424mg | Sodium: 790mg | Potassium: 1862mg | Fiber: 14g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 28892IU | Vitamin C: 30mg | Calcium: 545mg | Iron: 6mg