Easy Bacon Deviled Eggs
Bacon Deviled Eggs have all the great savory, creamy taste of the potluck classic but get boosted to the next level with crispy bacon and fresh green onions. These easy, party-perfect bites are just the thing to take to BBQ's, picnics, and family dinners and can be ready in less than 20 minutes!
Servings: 6 people
- 6 large eggs hard boiled
- 3 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon distilled white wine vinegar (optional)
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons green onion finely chopped, plus more to garnish (about 1 green onion)
- 2 Tablespoons bacon cooked crisp and finely chopped, plus more to garnish (about 2 slices)
- Paprika for sprinkling
Carefully peel and rinse the hard boiled eggs. Slice each egg in half lengthwise, and place the yolks in a bowl.
Mash the yolks with a fork, then add the mayonnaise, horseradish, mustard, vinegar (if using), salt, and pepper. Stir together until creamy and smooth. Add the green onion and bacon and stir to combine.
Transfer the yolk mixture to a plastic zip top bag, then snip off one corner and pipe into the hollows of the egg whites. Garnish the eggs by sprinkling with extra crumbled bacon and chopped green onions. Sprinkle with paprika before serving, if desired.
- Garnish: Reserve some of the bacon bits and green onions for sprinkling on top as a garnish. Not only do they make the deviled eggs look nice, but they give a preview of what to expect when you bite into one of these deviled eggs with bacon.
- Transporting: If you are planning to transport your deviled eggs to a picnic or party, hold off on filling them until you get there. They are notorious for sliding around, no matter how carefully you plate and transport them. It's much easier to prepare the filling ahead of time and just transfer it to a plastic zip tight bag to bring with you. Then when you arrive at your destination, you can just snip off the end of the plastic bag and pipe the filling into the egg white shells.
- Other mix-ins for deviled eggs: Two finely chopped baby dill pickles & a couple of teaspoons of pickle juice, mashed avocado, fresh herbs like dill or chopped rosemary, sriracha, garlic, pimentos, and more!
Calories: 134kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 170mg | Sodium: 208mg | Potassium: 86mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 265IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 1mg