Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
Make these Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers as an appetizer for your next party night or game day! Every bite is loaded with creamy, spicy, cheesy, smoky flavor that is totally irresistible!
Servings: 12 servings
- 12 slices bacon sliced in half
- 12 large jalapeno peppers halved lengthwise, seeds and membranes removed
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese or pepperjack cheese
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a sheet pan with foil and lay bacon slices on it so they aren't overlapping. Partially bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove bacon from the baking sheet and set a wire rack on top. Spray the wire rack with cooking spray.
While the bacon is cooking, slice jalapenos in half lengthwise and remove the seeds and rib by scraping the sides with a spoon.
In a medium bowl mix the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper until combined. Use a knife to spread some of the cream cheese mixture into each jalapeno half. Do not overfill.
Wrap jalapeno half a half slice of bacon, securing bacon with a toothpick, if necessary. Arrange the wrapped jalapeno poppers on the wire rack.
Bake for 20-25 minutes until bacon is crispy and and the cheese is melted. Serve immediately with ranch dressing for dipping.
- If you prefer your jalapeno poppers more well-wrapped, you can use a full slice of bacon on each. This is sometimes necessary if the jalapenos are especially large.
- Freezing Instructions: Prepare the poppers through step 4. Instead of baking, freeze the poppers for 1 hour, then transfer to an airtight, freezer-safe container for up to 3 months. Bake from frozen, adding an extra 10 minutes to the bake time.
Calories: 199kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 45mg | Sodium: 362mg | Potassium: 116mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 507IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 90mg | Iron: 1mg