Flood Mud Microwave Hot Fudge Sauce
"Flood mud" is our family's homemade hot fudge sauce recipe. It's a cinch to make, and it tastes so much better than store-bought!
Servings: 8 servings
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons salted butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (5-ounce) can evaporated milk (about ⅔ cup)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
Place chocolate and butter in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 1 to 1 ½ minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
Stir in the powdered sugar, evaporated milk, and vanilla, then microwave another 3 to 4 minutes until thick and bubbly.
- Storage: This hot fudge sauce will last for 2 to 3 weeks in the refrigerator. To use, reheat in the microwave for 20 to 30 seconds, giving it a stir partway through.
- Heavy cream: If you don't have evaporated milk on hand, heavy cream or whipping cream can be used in this recipe in its place to make this hot fudge sauce recipe.
Calories: 204kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 59mg | Potassium: 149mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 179IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 58mg | Iron: 1mg