Crock Pot Italian Beef Sandwiches
This easy Crock Pot Italian Beef Sandwich recipe makes the most amazing savory sandwiches loaded with juicy shredded meat, melted provolone cheese, and pepperoncinis or giardiniera!
Servings: 8 -10 Servings
- 4-6 pounds boneless beef chuck roast
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 yellow onion sliced
- 16 ounces sliced pepperoncini peppers
- ⅓ cup of the pepperoncini juice reserved
- 14.5 ounces beef broth
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 8-10 sandwich rolls or hoagie buns split, buttered and toasted
- 16-20 slices provolone cheese
- 1 jar Giardiniera
Add the roast to the bottom of the slow cooker and sprinkle with the salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano, basil, paprika, and red pepper flakes.
Cover with the sliced onions and half of the jar of sliced pepperoncini peppers, then add the reserved pepperoncini juice, beef broth, and Worcestershire sauce.
Cover and cook on LOW for 8-10 hours or on HIGH for 5-6 hours.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Butter and toast the rolls in the oven or in a skillet.
Shred the meat using two forks. It should easily fall apart.
Use tongs or a slotted spoon to transfer the meat from the juices and place it on one side of each roll. Top with the remaining pepperoncini peppers, if desired, and giardiniera. Cover with slices of provolone cheese, then place in the oven just until the cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
- Instant Pot Instructions: Set the Instant Pot to the saute mode. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter, then sear the roast on each side for 5-6 minutes until browned. Add the seasonings, onions, pepperoncini, reserved juice, broth, and Worcestershire sauce, then cover and seal with the lid. Be sure the pressure release valve is set to closed. Set the Instant Pot to cook at HIGH pressure on manual mode for 55 minutes. When the Instant Pot is done cooking, do a quick release and remove the lid. Shred the meat and use to make sandwiches.
Calories: 742kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 61g | Fat: 39g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 17g | Trans Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 183mg | Sodium: 1655mg | Potassium: 1121mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 731IU | Vitamin C: 48mg | Calcium: 410mg | Iron: 8mg