Creamy Mashed Cauliflower is the perfect low carb side dish for our next family meal. With parmesan cheese, cream cheese, and garlic flavor in every bite, you won’t even miss potatoes! Fantastic served with seafood, grilled chicken, lamb chops, steaks, and many other mains!
Servings: 3 -4 Servings
- 1 head cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil or butter
- 2 cloves garlic smashed
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 ounce cream cheese
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Steam the cauliflower for 10-15 minutes until tender.
Heat olive oil or melt the butter in a small skillet over medium heat, then add the smashed garlic. Cook for 1-2 minutes until softened and lightly browned, but be careful not to burn the garlic.
Transfer half of the steamed cauliflower and the garlic with the olive oil or butter to a large food processor and pulse on high until fairly smooth. Add the remaining cauliflower and process again until creamy. Add the Parmesan cheese, cream cheese, salt, and pepper, blending again until everything is combined and smooth.
Serve with a drizzle of melted butter or olive oil and a sprinkle of salt & pepper, to taste.
Recipe lightly adapted from All Recipes.
- You can boil the cauliflower in a medium pan of water, if you don't have a steamer. Just be sure to drain it very well before transferring to the food processor or your mashed cauliflower may turn out runnier.
- You can substitute 2-3 tablespoons of sour cream for the cream cheese. Both are good, although I prefer using cream cheese.
Calories: 161kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 18mg | Sodium: 603mg | Potassium: 606mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 200IU | Vitamin C: 93mg | Calcium: 148mg | Iron: 1mg