Asian Lettuce Wraps
These Asian Lettuce Wraps are made with savory, seasoned ground turkey or ground chicken and crunchy veggies wrapped up in fresh lettuce leaves to make for a satisfying bite that your family will love! They are super flavorful, healthy, and the perfect appetizer, lighter, or lunch.
Servings: 4 -6 Servings
- 12-16 bibb or butter lettuce leaves washed and dried
- 1 pound ground chicken or ground turkey
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 large onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger minced
- 1 Tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 green onions chopped
- 8 ounces water chestnuts drained and chopped
- Carrot matchsticks
- Fresh mint leaves
- Roasted peanuts
- Bean sprouts
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, then brown the ground chicken, crumbling with a wooden spoon until done. Drain any extra liquid and transfer to a plate.
Add another tablespoon of olive oil to the same skillet and cook the onion in it until soft and translucent. Add garlic, cooking and stirring for 1 minute, then add the meat back into the pan with the onions.
Add the soy sauce, hoisin sauce, ginger, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, green onions, and water chestnuts. Mix well, cooking for 1 minute longer, then remove from the heat. Adjust seasoning as needed.
Serve the filling with the lettuce leaves, matchstick carrots, mint leaves, and bean sprouts for assembly.
Recipe adapted only slightly from The Foodie Affair.
- You can use ground beef, ground chicken, ground pork, or ground lamb in place of the ground turkey.
- You could probably double the sauce ingredients and use ½ of it to marinate chicken breasts, then grill and slice thinly if you don't have ground chicken or ground turkey to use. Use the rest of the sauce to drizzle over the sliced chicken in the lettuce wraps.
Calories: 339kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 98mg | Sodium: 489mg | Potassium: 881mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 1552IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 2mg