This raw Zucchini Salad is one of the best ways to enjoy zucchini fresh out of your garden! The marinated zucchini ribbons are dressed with fresh lemon juice, olive oil, and garlic for big flavor!
Servings: 4 -6 servings
- 1 ½ pounds zucchini about 3 medium zucchini
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove finely minced, then smashed into a paste with the flat side of your knife
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or other fresh herbs such as dill basil, mint, chives, or a combination of the above
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup pine nuts toasted
- ⅓ cup shaved parmesan cheese
Slice zucchini using a vegetable peeler or Y-peeler, spiralizer, or just into thin matchsticks using a sharp knife.
Finely mince the garlic using a large, sharp knife. Then use the backside of the knife to press or mash the minced garlic into a paste.
Transfer the zucchini ribbons to a large serving dish, then drizzle with the olive oil and lemon juice. Add the mashed garlic and sprinkle with the fresh herbs, salt, and pepper. Toss well to coat and let marinate for 10-15 minutes.
Toss again, then sprinkle with the toasted pine nuts and parmesan just before serving.
- Crumbled feta or goat cheese are nice substitutes for the parmesan cheese.
- Pistachios are a good substitute for pine nuts.
Calories: 213kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 439mg | Potassium: 518mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 577IU | Vitamin C: 33mg | Calcium: 132mg | Iron: 1mg