Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball
Nothing says a party like a classic Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball! This easy-to-make recipe with creamy, smooth cream cheese, sharp cheddar, salty bacon, and crunchy toasted pecans is perfect for putting out at a gathering with fun crackers for everyone to enjoy!
Servings: 24 servings
- 8 ounces chopped bacon cooked and crumbled
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2-3 green onions chopped (about ¼ cup)
- 1 ½ cups freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup freshly grated pepper jack cheese
- 3 Tablespoons Ranch seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon salt or to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ⅔ cup chopped pecans
Cook the bacon first, then drain well.
In a large bowl, mix the softened cream cheese until smooth. Add ¾ of the bacon, all but two tablespoons each of the green onions and cheddar cheese, sour cream, pepper jack cheese, ranch seasoning, creole seasoning, parsley, garlic powder, oregano. Mix well using a hand mixer or a sturdy spoon, then taste and add the salt and pepper, as needed.
Shape into a ball, by using a spatula to scrape everything away from the sides of the bowl, then spray your hands with cooking spray and shape by hand.
On a shallow plate or cutting board, combine the chopped pecans with the remaining 2 tablespoons of green onions, cheddar cheese, and bacon.
Roll the cheese ball in the pecan mixture to cover on all sides. Wrap up in plastic wrap and store in the fridge for 1 hour to firm up a bit.
Unwrap the cheese ball and place on a plate with crackers, pretzels, veggie sticks, etc. to serve. It helps to let the cheese ball come up to room temperature a bit so it's easier to spread and to include a couple of spreading knives since the cheeseball is too firm to just dip crackers into it.
- Can be made a week in advance and kept in the fridge wrapped in plastic wrap. Just wait to coat the cheese ball in nuts until the day you plan to serve it. Leftovers will keep in the fridge for 4-5 days.
- Can be frozen without nuts up to 1 month.
Calories: 168kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 45mg | Sodium: 568mg | Potassium: 58mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 439IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 94mg | Iron: 1mg