Fruity Pebbles Rice Krispies Treats
Fruity Pebbles Rice Krispies Treats are a fun and fruity twist on classic rice krispie treat squares! Quick and easy to make, these rainbow colored, extra gooey and delicious squares are guaranteed to bring a smile to kid and adult faces alike!
Servings: 12 servings
- 4 Tablespoons salted butter
- 10 ounces mini marshmallows, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 4 cups Fruity Pebbles cereal
- 2 cups Rice Krispies cereal
Line a 9-inch square baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
In a large pot or dutch oven, melt butter over low heat. Add ⅔ of the marshmallows, stirring constantly over low heat until marshmallows are completely melted.
Remove the pot from the heat and immediately stir in the vanilla and salt. Add the Fruity Pebbles Rice Krispies, and remaining marshmallows, stirring gently to combine.
Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Lightly spray your hands or a piece of plastic wrap with cooking spray or use the buttered side of the buttered wrapper to gently press the rice krispies treats into the pan. Don't compact them or press too hard. Just evenly press them into the corners and edges so the bars will hold their shape when cut.
Let cool for 20 minutes to room temperature before lifting them out of the pan using the parchment paper sling and cutting into squares.
- These Fruity Pebble Rice Krispies Treats are best enjoyed fresh, the day they are made, but can be kept in an airtight container or wrapped in plastic wrap for a day or two on the counter.
- You can use all Fruity Pebbles rather than a combination of Fruity Pebbles and plain Rice Krispies, but I find it tooth-achingly sweet that way.
Calories: 181kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 161mg | Potassium: 18mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 760IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 4mg | Iron: 2mg