Maryland Hot Crab Dip
This Maryland Hot Crab Dip is going to be the star of your next gathering! Serve it up with crusty baguette slices, salty pretzels, or crispy, crunchy celery sticks for an indulgent, flavor-packed crowd-pleaser that will be gone before you know it!
Servings: 10 servings
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 ½ cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese divided
- 2 Tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2-3 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- ½ teaspoon ground dry mustard
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper optional
- 1 pound fresh lump crab meat
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Beat the cream cheese in a large bowl with hand mixer until smooth. Add the mayonnaise, sour cream, 1 ¼ cups of the cheese, green onions, worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, Old Bay seasoning, dry mustard, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Mix well to combine. Add the crab meat and stir by hand just until combined.
Transfer to oven-safe 9-inch skillet, pie pan, or baking dish. Sprinkle the remaining ¼ cup of cheese on top. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until hot and bubbly. Serve warm with plenty of sliced baguette, crackers, pretzels, celery sticks, carrots, or sliced cucumbers.
- Make ahead: This dip can be assembled up to 2 days in advance and stored in the fridge until you are ready to bake.
- Freezing: This dip can be frozen either before or after baking for 2-3 months. Just thaw and reheat or bake as directed until hot.
- Slow cooker method: This dip can be made in a slow cooker. Just combine everything through step 2, then cook on LOW for 3-4 hours without the reserved cheese on top. About 30 minutes before serving, add the cheese to let it melt.
- Storage: Leftovers will keep in the fridge for about 5 days. Just be sure to store in an airtight container, then reheat in the microwave or transfer to a baking dish and heat in a 350 degree F oven for 15 minutes or so until hot.
Calories: 286kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 650mg | Potassium: 178mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 599IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 186mg | Iron: 1mg