Trader Joe's Lentil Bruschetta Feta Dip
Trader Joe's Lentil Bruschetta Feta Dip is a quick and easy throw-together idea that is great for cookouts, game nights, parties, or even a light lunch! The original version uses just three Trader Joe's products (lentils, bruschetta sauce, and feta cheese), but this one breaks things down just a bit more to take advantage of garden fresh summer tomatoes when they are in season.
Servings: 8 -10 servings
- 1 lb. package steamed lentils
- 4-5 diced roma tomatoes
- 12 large fresh basil leaves sliced into thin strips
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar optional
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups crumbled feta
- sliced baguette
- sliced cucumbers
- flat pretzels or tortilla chips
Set aside a small handful of the diced tomatoes, a few of the basil leaf strips, and a tablespoon or two of the feta cheese.
Chop the tomatoes and mince the garlic. Slice the basil leaves into thin strips by stacking the leaves and rolling them like a cigar. Then use a sharp knife to slice them, known as a "chiffonade".
Combine the tomatoes, basil, garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Italian seasoning, salt, oregano, and black pepper in a bowl. Toss to combine.
Add the lentils and feta, then stir to combine. Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle with the reserved tomatoes, basil, and feta.
Serve with sliced baguette, crackers, sliced cucumbers, flat pretzels, or tortilla chips.
- Lentils: Trader Joe's and Melissa's Produce both make steamed lentils that work great, but you can buy 8 ounces of uncooked lentils and steam them yourself if you prefer.
- Easy version: If you want to skip making your own bruschetta, you can just use a container of Trader Joe's bruschetta along with the lentils and feta for a 3-ingredient version.
- Basil: If your leaves are small, you may need more like 20 leaves.
Calories: 205kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 33mg | Sodium: 713mg | Potassium: 318mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 459IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 208mg | Iron: 2mg