Easy Homemade Coleslaw
This Easy Homemade Coleslaw recipe is the perfect creamy side dish for all of your potlucks and summer barbecues! The crunchy shredded cabbage and carrots in a tangy creamy coleslaw dressing come together in under 10 minutes and it's just the thing to serve with your grilled or fried chicken, or on burgers, sandwiches, and sliders, and so much more!
Servings: 10 servings
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon or whole-grain mustard
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- ¾ teaspoon coarse Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried onion powder or 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 2 teaspoons celery seed required for classic coleslaw flavor
- 16 ounces coleslaw mix
- ½ minced green bell pepper optional
Combine the mayo, mustard, cider vinegar, sugar, salt, onion powder, and celery seed in a medium bowl. Whisk well.
Place the coleslaw mix and green bell pepper, if using, in a large bowl. Pour the dressing over top and toss to coat. Serve immediately or refrigerate up to 5 days.
- The farther ahead you make the slaw, the soggier and less crunchy it will be. Some people prefer it that way, but personally I enjoy it best made fresh.
Calories: 179kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 10g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 9mg | Sodium: 360mg | Potassium: 106mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 83IU | Vitamin C: 22mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 1mg