Chocolate Pecan Pie
Chocolate Pecan Pie is the perfect treat for my chocolate and nut lovers. This sweet and crunchy pie is filled with a gooey layer of chocolate, topped with delicious pecans baked to perfection inside a flakey golden crust. A decadent holiday dessert that everyone will enjoy!
Servings: 10 servings
- 1 unbaked [pie crust]
- 3 cups pecans
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 3 eggs room temperature
- 1 cup corn syrup
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ⅓ cup salted butter melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Carefully roll out the pie crust dough on a floured surface and transfer it into a 9-inch pie dish. Tuck it in with your fingers making sure it’s smooth. Crimp the edges of the crust in a decorative finish.
Spread the pecans evenly inside the pie crust and sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly on top. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, corn syrup, brown sugar, melted butter, vanilla extract, salt and ground cinnamon. Once completely combined, pour evenly over the pecans and chocolate chips.
Bake the pie for 40-45 minutes. If the top is browning too quickly you can place a piece of aluminum foil on top of the pie.
Remove the finished pie from the oven and place on a cooling rack to cool completely. The pie filling will set as it cools. Slice and serve!
- Substitutions: You can use either dark or light corn syrup. You can use either semi-sweet, milk chocolate chips, or dark chocolate chips.
- Freezing: Simply bake the pie as directed, allow it to cool completely then wrap tightly with some aluminum foil or plastic wrap. Place in an airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months. When ready to serve, thaw in the refrigerator overnight and allow to come at room temperature before slicing. This pie is a great dessert to make ahead of time, as this pie freezes and thaws beautifully.
- What can you serve the chocolate pecan pie with? You can serve the chocolate pecan pecan pie with whipped cream, chocolate shavings and/or seal salt crystals.
Calories: 555kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 37g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g | Monounsaturated Fat: 16g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 69mg | Sodium: 229mg | Potassium: 175mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 45g | Vitamin A: 277IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 2mg