A tall mug of delicious Harry Potter Inspired Homemade Butterbeer is a fantastic treat any time of year, but especially during the month of October! Witches, wizards, and muggles can all celebrate this magical season with one of the sweetest beverages in the wizarding world!
Servings: 10 servings
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 Tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 liters cream soda well chilled
- ⅔ cup butterscotch topping, plus more for topping
- 2 Tablespoons butter extract
If you have glass mugs or decorate hurricane glasses for serving the butterbeer in, stick them in the freezer to become frosty.
Beat the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla until soft peaks form. Set this aside in the fridge to chill until ready to use.
Make sure the cream soda is well chilled before starting. Pour about 1 cup into a large pitcher or punch bowl. Whisk in the butterscotch topping and butter extract. Gradually stir in the remaining cream soda until combined.
Fill the individual frosty glasses or mugs with the whipped cream and drizzle with additional butterscotch topping. Ten points for Gryffindor if you have gold star sprinkles to sprinkle on top.
- Butterbeer is really best served freshly made. If you try to make it too far in advance and keep the drink in the fridge, it might still have good flavor, but the soda will lose its fizziness.
- If you can't find butterscotch syrup anyway, you could get away with just using caramel syrup instead.
- Feel free to skip the whipped cream in favor of a scoop of ice cream for a butterbeer float!
Calories: 317kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 33mg | Sodium: 53mg | Potassium: 35mg | Sugar: 44g | Vitamin A: 350IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 1mg