Hocus Pocus Marshmallow Pops
These Hocus Pocus Marshmallow Pops are such a fun and easy treat for brewing up some Halloween fun! Colored candy melts, large marshmallows, and edible glitter are all you need to make this dessert that's more sweet than spooky.
Servings: 11 marshmallow pops
- 1 (12-ounce) bag large marshmallows
- 11 (6-inch) treat sticks
- 12 ounces yellow candy melts
- 12 ounces orange candy melts
- 12 ounces purple candy melts
- Edible glitter, optional
Stick three marshmallows onto each treat stick.
Melt the candy melts per the package directions by heating in the microwave using short bursts of heat or in a double boiler. Pour the melted chocolate into tall glasses.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat.
Dip the marshmallows into the melted yellow chocolate first until all the marshmallows on the stick are completely covered. Scrape one side of the marshmallows against the side of the glass to remove excess chocolate so it doesn't puddle. Place them onto the baking sheet and let the chocolate set for two minutes in the fridge.
Dip the marshmallows into the melted orange chocolate until it covers the first two marshmallows on the stick, leaving only the bottom marshmallow showing the yellow chocolate. Again scrape one side of the marshmallows against the side of the glass to remove excess chocolate. Place them back on the baking sheet and let the chocolate set for another two minutes in the fridge.
Dip the marshmallows into the melted purple chocolate, covering only the top marshmallow. Scrape one side of the marshmallow pop against the glass and place on the baking sheet. Let this set for two minutes in the fridge.
Brush the chocolate all over with the edible glitter for a magical sparkle, if desired.
- Colored Dipping Chocolate: If you have a hard time finding all of the colors, you can buy plain white candy melts and use food coloring that is specific for chocolate. Do not try coloring the white chocolate with regular food coloring or it's likely that the chocolate will seize up. The best place to find colored dipping chocolate is at most craft stores or online.
- Storage: Marshmallow pops can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container on the counter for up to a week.
- Toubleshooting: If your chocolate is too thick, you can add a small amount of coconut oil or shortening until it gets thinner. Just be careful that you’re not adding too much, or the chocolate will not set properly.
Calories: 204kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Sodium: 42mg | Potassium: 1mg | Sugar: 25g | Calcium: 1mg