Cream Cheese Mints
These fun Halloween Cream Cheese Mints are easy to make and are a deliciously tasty treat that practically melts in your mouth! They are perfect for parties or goodie bags and great for sharing with friends!
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon salted butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract, or more to taste
- Orange & black gel food coloring
Start by combining the cream cheese, butter, 2 cups of the powdered sugar, and the peppermint extract in a large bowl.
Mix with a hand mixer or knead the cream cheese and butter into the powdered sugar together by hand to combine.
Add the remaining sugar to the bowl and continue to knead by hand until combined and about the consistency of play dough.
Divide the dough in half. Add orange food coloring to the first half and knead until evenly colored. Repeat with the black food coloring and remaining dough.
Roll each color into small ½-inch balls and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Press each ball with the tines of a fork dipped in powdered sugar to flatten and create a decorative imprint.
Allow mints to harden at room temperature for 4-6 hours.
- Storage: Store in an airtight container on the counter at room temperature for up to 1 week or in the fridge for 2 weeks.
- Freezing: These mints can be stored for several months in an airtight container in the freezer. Let them thaw on the counter for 30 minutes at room temperature before serving.
Calories: 53kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 13mg | Potassium: 5mg | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 52IU | Calcium: 3mg | Iron: 1mg