Sant Hat Brownie Bites
Adorable mini-sized Santa Hat Brownie Bites are a perfectly poppable Christmas treat with the taste of chocolate, strawberries, and cream! They are easy to pull off and are so fun for all your holiday gatherings!
Servings: 24 brownie bites
- 1 brownie mix
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup water
- 24 large fresh strawberries
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 Tablespoons instant vanilla pudding mix
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 24-cup mini-muffin pan with baking spray and lightly dust with flour.
Ina medium mixing bowl add the brownie mix, eggs, oil and water and stir until no dry brownie mix remains.
Using a 1” cookie scoop, scoop a spoon of the brownie batter into each muffin cup, it should be about ¾ full.
Bake in the oven for 12 minutes and remove onto a cooling rack to cool for 15 minutes.
Remove each of the brownie bites, easing them out with a fork if needed and place onto the cooling rack to cool completely.
In a large mixing bowl, with a mixer and wire whip attachment, whip the cream until soft peaks form.
Add the the vanilla pudding and whip again until stiff peaks form.
Fill a piping bag with the cream and a decorative #21 piping tip.
Cut the green off the strawberries and the tips off the small end.
Pipe a complete layer of cream on top of the brownie then sit the strawberry large end down on top of the cream. Then pipe a tiny dollop on top of the strawberry to create a little Santa hat.
- Storage: These brownie bites should be kept in the fridge because of the cream, although they will be fine sitting out at room temperature for about 2 hours. They should be good for up to 3 days, and the brownie bites can be made a couple days in advance, then topped with the strawberry and cream hats just before you plan to serve them.
- The best way to know if your brownies are done is to use a toothpick to check them. You want a few crumbs clinging to it so you know the brownies are still moist. If the toothpick is coming out completely clean, it means that the brownies are likely overbaked. You just don't want the toothpick to come out wet from the brownie batter.
- I really don't recommend using Reddi-Whip or Cool Whip in this recipe. They don't have the stability to hold up for longer periods like freshly whipped cream that has been stabilized with a little pudding mix. If the cream melts before you get a chance to serve your brownie bites, it will really ruin the effect. Plus, homemade whipped cream just tastes better anyway!
Calories: 55kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 21mg | Potassium: 54mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 169IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 1mg