Candy Cane Peppermint Pie
If you are looking for a fun and festive holiday dessert, this Candy Cane Peppermint Pie is a creamy, no-bake treat with an Oreo crust that everybody will love! Top with swirls of freshly whipped cream and broken up candy canes for an irresistible showstopper that only takes 15 minutes to whip up.
Servings: 10 servings
- 25 Oreos
- 6 Tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ¾ cup powdered sugar, divided
- 8 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Red food coloring
- ½ cup crushed peppermint candy canes or starlight mints + extra for decorating
In a large bowl, beat the heavy cream and ½ cup of the powdered sugar until stiff peaks form. Set aside in the fridge.
In a separate bowl, melt the white chocolate in the microwave by heating in 20 second bursts of heat, stirring well between each burst. This should only take about 90 seconds. Set aside.
In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and remaining ¼ cup of powdered sugar until smooth. Add the melted white chocolate, vanilla extract, peppermint extract, food coloring, and crushed candy canes. Mix well until combined, scraping the bottom and sides of the bowl.
Add ⅔ of the whipped cream to the filling. Use a rubber spatula to fold it in, then transfer the filling to the prepared Oreo pie crust.
Transfer the pie to the fridge to chill for 2 hours before topping with the remaining whipped cream and decorating with additional crushed candy canes or peppermint bark.
- You can use a premade Oreo crust instead of making your own, if desired.
- Soft peppermint candies can be used in place of candy canes for less crunch.
- White chocolate: I don't recommend using white chocolate chips for this recipe as they don't always melt very easily. Instead, I prefer to use Ghiradelli white chocolate baking bars.
- Storage: Keep in the fridge until ready to serve. Will keep well for up to 5 days in the fridge.
- Freezing: You can freeze the entire pie or individual slices for up to 2 months. Just wrap in plastic wrap and freeze. Thaw in the fridge overnight or on the counter for an hour or two before decorating with freshly whipped cream and serving.
- Variation: Try adding 12 crushed Oreos or Trader Joe's Peppermint Joe-Joe's to the filling for a peppermint Oreo pie.
- Chocolate ganache: If you want an even more over-the-top approach, consider heating ½ cup of heavy cream in the microwave for 1 minute, then pouring it over 1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips in a bowl. Let it sit for 5 minutes, then stir until smooth and pour over the top of the pie for a decadent chocolate ganache.
Calories: 647kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 45g | Saturated Fat: 26g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 13g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 113mg | Sodium: 310mg | Potassium: 200mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 44g | Vitamin A: 1222IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 107mg | Iron: 3mg