Football Cookies & Cream Cheesecake Dip
Score a touchdown with this easy and fun Football Cookies & Cream Cheesecake Dip for your next Game Day party and get ready to receive rave reviews! Whether you are there for the actual game or just for the half-time show and commercials, this simple dessert dip with Oreo cookies and mini chocolate chips can be made in 15 minutes and is sure to please!
Servings: 20 servings
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup salted butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 20 Oreo cookies, crushed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- White chocolate chips, white frosting, or white candy melts for decorating (see note)
- Optional: whole Oreos, graham crackers, Nilla wafers, shortbread cookies, strawberries, sliced apples, pretzels, etc. for dipping into the finished cheese ball
In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment or a hand mixer, beat together the cream cheese and butter until well-combined and fluffy.
Add the powdered sugar and vanilla extract to the cream cheese mixture and cream it together until well combined and fluffy.
Add the crushed sandwich cookies and mix on low speed until combined.
Scoop the mixture onto a piece of plastic wrap and cover it to form a ball. Place it on a baking sheet to ensure it keeps its shape in the fridge. While it is covered in the plastic wrap and on the baking sheet, shape it into a football. It does not need to be perfect, just get the general shape and adjust it later. Doing it when it is already in plastic wrap prevents it from making a mess. Refrigerate for at least an hour or until it is firm.
Unwrap the refrigerated football and place it on the serving tray. If it is not in the exact shape you want, you can adjust it. Coat it in the mini chocolate chips by pressing them in slightly.
Decorate the football. If you are using the white chocolate chips to make the lines of the football, line them up on the football with the pointy side down to create a cleaner look. If you are using white frosting, place in a piping bag with a round tip or cut a medium-sized opening in a disposabl e piping bag. Pipe on the details of the football. If you are using candy melts, melt them according to the package directions and pipe them in the same way as the frosting.
Surround the dip with the cookies and fruit chosen to dip in it. Serve and enjoy!
- Storage: This can be completely made ahead and stored in the refrigerator tightly wrapped for up to 5 days! It’s very easy to throw together and store, so it’s perfect to bring to a party.
- Freezing: This dessert ball freezes well for up to 2 months. Just cover with plastic wrap to freeze it, then thaw overnight in the fridge before serving.
- Variations: Use any type of Oreo cookie you like for the inside of the cheesecake dip. Or instead of using mini chocolate chips to coat the outside, try rolling the cheesecake ball in your favorite crushed cookies instead.
- Decorating: If you don’t have any of the decorating materials on hand, you can reserve some of the cheesecake mixture before adding in the crushed cookies. Then pipe it on just as you would frosting.
Calories: 240kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 134mg | Potassium: 111mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 300IU | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 2mg