Tex-Mex Doritos Taco Salad
Delicious Tex-Mex Doritos Taco Salad is loaded with ground beef taco meat, kidney beans, cheese, green onions, avocado, tomatoes and Nacho Cheese Doritos. It's a family favorite that we like to serve at potlucks and family dinner on hot summer nights!
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 batch [ground beef taco meat]
- 1 head Romaine or Iceberg lettuce chopped
- 2-3 Roma tomatoes diced (about 1 ½ cups)
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 15 ounces red kidney beans, drained
- 1 large avocado diced
- 4-6 green onions chopped (I like lots of green onion)
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 14.5 ounces Nacho Cheese Doritos partially crushed
- 12 ounces Thousand Island salad dressing* it's about ¾ of a bottle of dressing
Prepare the taco meat by browning hamburger in a pan and adding taco seasoning to it.
In a very large bowl, combine all salad ingredients except dressing and Doritos. Toss to combine.
Add the partially crushed Doritos and Thousand Island dressing to the other salad ingredients and toss to evenly distribute the dressing.
You could add a small can of sliced black olives to this as well. Except I'm not a fan, so I don't.
I have seen French, Catalina or even Ranch dressing used in place of Thousand Island, but since I grew up with Thousand Island as the only option for this salad, it just doesn't taste the same with a substitution.
Calories: 965kcal | Carbohydrates: 69g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 65g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 21g | Monounsaturated Fat: 21g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 88mg | Sodium: 1273mg | Potassium: 1125mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 9742IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 328mg | Iron: 5mg