Pan Seared Lamb Loin Chops
Made with rosemary, garlic, and butter to compliment the natural richness of the lamb, these Pan Seared Lamb Loin Chops are simple to prepare with in a cast iron pan and have the wonderful crust you get at a nice restaurant!
Servings: 4 Servings
- 8-9 bone-in lamb loin chops about 1-inch thick
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt adjust as needed
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil for the pan
- 4 Tablespoons salted butter
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
Let the lamb chops sit at room temperature for 20 minutes. Pat dry and season the lamb chops with salt and pepper on all sides.
Heat a large cast iron skillet or other heavy pan on medium-high heat until very hot. Add the olive oil and heat for a minute, then carefully place the lamb chops in the pan, leaving a little space between them.
Cook for 3-4 minutes until seared on the bottom side, then flip with tongs and cook another 3-4 minutes on the other side to sear.
Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the butter, garlic, rosemary and thyme. Spoon the melted butter, garlic, and herbs over the lamb chops while continuing to cook for about 5 more minutes or until the temperature on a digital meat thermometer inserted into the meaty part of the lamb chops reaches 125 degrees F for medium-rare. See notes for additional information about cooking temperatures and degrees of doneness.
Remove from the lamb chops from the heat, cover with a piece of foil, then let the meat rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Degrees of Doneness: If you want to cook your lamb chops to a different degree of doneness, follow these temperature guides and adjust the cooking time. Keep in mind that the temperature of the meat will continue to rise by about 5 degrees during the resting period after you pull it off the heat. (Rare: 120-125 degrees F; Medium-rare: 125-130 degrees F; Medium: 130-135 degrees F; Medium-well: 135-140 degrees F; Well-done: 140+ degrees F)
Calories: 871kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 79g | Saturated Fat: 35g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g | Monounsaturated Fat: 33g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 197mg | Sodium: 1390mg | Potassium: 520mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 451IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 54mg | Iron: 4mg