Mint Chip Cut Out Sugar Cookies
These Mint Chocolate Chip Sugar Cookies taste like a cross between thin mints and sugar cookies! They are great for cutting out and hold their shape well once baked, so they work well with royal icing or for dipping or drizzling with melted dark chocolate.
Servings: 16 cookies
- 1 cup salted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2-3 drops green food coloring
- 1 teaspoon peppermint emulsion or extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
Beat the butter and sugar together in the bowl of a stand mixer for 2-3 minutes until creamy. Add the egg, food coloring, and peppermint emulsion (or peppermint extract), mixing well and scraping down the sides and bottom of the bowl.
Add the flour, salt, and baking powder, mixing until the dough comes together. Mix in the chocolate chips.
Roll out the dough ⅜" thick on a sheet of parchment paper. Use another piece of parchment paper or some flour sprinkled on top to keep the rolling pin from sticking. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours until firm.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
Cut out the cookies into your desired shapes, then place them on the baking sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes until the edges are set. Cool completely before decorating with royal icing or melted dark chocolate.
- Storage: These cookies will keep for 5-7 days in an airtight container on the counter.
- Freezing Instructions: The cookies can be frozen either baked or unbaked for up to 3 months. If freezing unbaked cookie dough, you can bake them directly from frozen by adding a couple additional minutes to the bake time.
Calories: 297kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 44mg | Sodium: 193mg | Potassium: 33mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 397IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 1mg