7 Layer Dip
This classic 7 Layer Dip is a celebration favorite with everything there is to love in a dip. It starts with a layer of seasoned refried beans and then on to homemade guacamole, sour cream, shredded cheese, fresh tomatoes, chopped green onions, and delicious olives. Give it a nice scoop with a crunchy tortilla chip and celebrate the fiesta in your mouth!
Servings: 16 servings
- 32 ounces canned refried beans or 4 cups homemade
- ¼ cup taco seasoning
- 3-4 ripe avocados
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 jalapeno stem and seeds removed, finely diced
- 3 Tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups grated cheese
- 3-4 roma tomatoes diced
- 3-4 green onions chopped
- 4.5 ounces sliced black olives, drained
Combine the refried beans and taco seasoning in a large bowl, stirring well until smooth and combined. Spread evenly in the bottom of a 9x13-inch dish.
Add the garlic, jalapeno, and cilantro to a large bowl. Use the bottom of a spoon to press and mash them against the bottom or sides of the bowl to release their juices and oils a bit. Then add the avocados, lime juice, cumin, and salt. Mash until fairly smooth. Spread the guacamole evenly over the bean layer.
Spread the sour cream over the guacamole. Be sure to go all the way to the edges of the dish to cover the guacamole to prevent it from browning.
Sprinkle the cheese over the sour cream layer.
Top with the diced tomatoes, green onions, and olives. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- This dip will keep for 3-4 days in the fridge. If the guacamole is exposed, it will begin to brown, but is still edible.
- You can use 2 cups of premade guacamole in place of the homemade version in this recipe. You could also go as simple as mashed avocados with the lime juice and salt if you are in a rush or don't have cilantro or a jalapeno on hand.
Calories: 233kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 935mg | Potassium: 280mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 936IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 165mg | Iron: 1mg