Chopped Kale Salad
This healthy Chopped Kale Salad is a crunchy, tasty side or light lunch made with pine nuts, dried cherries, and shredded white cheddar cheese in a simple lemon & oil dressing, with a little bit of everything in each forkful!
Servings: 8 people
- 2 medium bunches destemmed dinosaur/lacinato kale finely chopped (about 8 cups)
- 1 cup red cabbage finely chopped
- 1 cup brussels sprouts finely chopped or grated
- 1 cup sharp white cheddar cheese grated
- ¾ cup pine nuts
- ¾ cup dried cherries chopped
- ⅓ cup lemon juice freshly squeezed
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Remove the stems from the kale and finely chop. Finely chop the red cabbage and brussels sprouts. Coarsely chop the dried cherries. Toast the pine nuts in a pan over low heat for a few minutes until golden brown, being careful not to burn.
In a large salad bowl, combine the chopped kale, cabbage, brussels sprouts, white cheddar cheese, pine nuts and dried cherries.
In a jar with a tight fitting lid, combine the ingredients for the dressing, then shake well. Pour the dressing over the salad ingredients and toss to coat.
Calories: 278kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 242mg | Potassium: 186mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 1032IU | Vitamin C: 23mg | Calcium: 129mg | Iron: 1mg