This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.This healthy Chopped Kale Salad is a crunchy, tasty side or light lunch made with pine nuts, dried cherries, and shredded white cheddar cheese in a simple lemon & oil dressing, with a little bit of everything in each forkful!
Chopped Kale SaladChopped salads are so, so good! Especially with kale where chopping it fine really improves the texture. And since all of the other ingredients are chopped small as well, you get a little bit of everything in each bite!I’m always trying to expand my repetoire of salad recipes and this chopped kale salad is a great addition to my collection!Let’s talk about those beautiful, fresh ingredients! This salad is loaded with all the good things:
- dinosaur kale (also known as lacinato or Tuscan kale)
- shredded or grated brussels sprouts
- chopped red cabbage
- pine nuts
- chopped dried cherries
- grated white cheddar cheese
- 2 medium bunches destemmed dinosaur/lacinato kale, finely chopped (about 8 cups)
- 1 cup red cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 cup brussels sprouts, finely chopped or grated
- 1 cup sharp white cheddar cheese, grated
- 3/4 cup pine nuts
- 3/4 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1/3 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Remove the stems from the kale and finely chop. Finely chop the red cabbage and brussels sprouts. Coarsely chop the dried cherries. Toast the pine nuts in a pan over low heat for a few minutes until golden brown, being careful not to burn.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the chopped kale, cabbage, brussels sprouts, white cheddar cheese, pine nuts and dried cherries.
- In a jar with a tight fitting lid, combine the ingredients for the dressing, then shake well. Pour the dressing over the salad ingredients and toss to coat.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 276 Saturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 14mg Sodium: 241mg Carbohydrates: 14g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 9g Protein: 6g