Rocky Road Cookies
These soft & chewy Marshmallow Almond Rocky Road Cookies are packed with crunch from the nuts and sweet, gooey melted marshmallows! You are going to love these for cookie plates at Christmas, bake sales in the summer, and enjoying with your family any time of the year!
Servings: 24 cookies
- ⅔ cup butter softened
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup almonds coarsely chopped
- 1 cup mini marshmallows plus more for the tops of each cookie
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
In a large bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter and brown sugar together until light, about 3 minutes.
Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
Add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt, mixing on medium-low speed until combined.
Stir in chocolate chips, almonds, and marshmallows. Scoop balls of cookie dough onto the parchment-lined baking sheet using a medium cookie scoop.
Bake for 9-11 minutes, until mostly set, but still underbaked in the middle. Remove from the oven and immediately place a few extra marshmallows on top of each cookie, along with a few extra chopped almonds and chocolate chips, if desired. Return to the oven and bake for 1 minute longer, until marshmallows have puffed slightly.
Cool for 2 minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling. Store in an airtight container on the counter for up to 5 days.
Recipe adapted from my Chewy Brownie Cookies.
- You can use walnuts or pecans in place of the almonds.
- These cookies do not look like the photos until you take the extra step mentioned in step 6 of adding a few marshmallows to the top of each cookie just before they are done. If you do this too early, the marshmallows will melt.
- For more uniform looking cookies, gently roll the scooped dough into balls between the palms of your hands before baking on the cookie sheets.
Calories: 200kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 29mg | Sodium: 129mg | Potassium: 94mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 177IU | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 1mg