This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.The best fudgy chewy chocolate brownie cookies are made in one bowl with cocoa powder, lots of chocolate chips, and chopped walnuts! These thick, soft chocolate chocolate chip cookies with walnuts are basically like eating brownies in cookie form!
Best Fudgy Chewy Chocolate Brownie CookiesI hope you guys like chocolate. If not, maybe you should be reading about these Double Lemon Glazed Cookies instead. Just making sure we are on the same page.These intensely yummy chocolate chocolate chip cookies with walnuts are essentially chocolate brownies made in drop cookie form, hence the title Chocolate Brownie Cookies. They are thick, soft cookies and while you can totally leave the walnuts out if you want to, I never, ever do because I’m obsessed with walnuts in my brownies, and hence, my chewy brownie cookies!I have been making these fudgy chocolate brownie cookies for years! They are one of my family’s favorite cookies and one of my go-to recipes for bake sales or sharing with friends. It’s one of those recipes that I always get asked about whenever I show up with a batch of these cookies at a social function like a reunion, church activity, or other gathering, so I figure it is high-time I share the recipe for these fun and delicious cookies here with you!Chocolate brownie cookies are soft and chewy, thanks to the brown sugar in the recipe, which not only gives a deeper flavor thanks to the molasses content in the brown sugar, but also adds that wonderful chewy texture that really takes a good cookie over the top.These chewy brownie cookies are super fudgy and gooey on the inside too, just like any good brownie should be, but you don’t have to go through the bother of melting chocolate to get there. Rather than melting chocolate for the cookie dough, I use cocoa powder and chocolate chips to amp up the chocolate flavor and brownie-ness of these cookies.And can I just say that I love that you don’t have to chill the dough or take any extra measures with this chocolate cookie dough? I hate when things like time and extra effort get between me and cookie satisfaction.You can eat these just as they are straight out of the oven. Or for a little extra sweetness, one thing we love to do is dust these fudgy brownie cookies with powered sugar after they are done baking. My girls especially enjoy helping with this because they like using the sifter to “make it snow” on the cookies.
Want even more chocolate treats?
- Thick, Fudgy, Chewy Ultimate Brownies
- Double Chocolate Nutella Sandwich Cookies
- Raspberry Chocolate Tart
- Fudgy Frosted Chocolate Mint Brownies
- Chocolate Cream Pie
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream butter and sugar until light, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add vanilla and eggs and mix well.
- Combine the flour, cocoa, salt and soda and whisk, then add to the butter, sugar and eggs and stir to combine. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Drop onto the parchment-lined cookie sheets using a scoop for evenly sized cookies. Bake for 9-11 minutes until mostly set in the center, but be careful not to overbake. The cookies will set up more as they cool.
- Let the cookies cool on the pan for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with powdered sugar and enjoy.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 187 Saturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 28mg Sodium: 130mg Carbohydrates: 25g Sugar: 18g Protein: 2g