This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
The best Soft & Chewy M&M Cookies are always homemade and loaded with plenty of milk chocolate chips and candy-coated M&M’s!Longtime readers of House of Nash Eats already know that I love sharing cookie recipes that are seasonal without requiring hardcore decorating abilities.Like these Dark Chocolate Halloween Chip Cookies, which incidentally, could be easily made seasonally appropriate by swapping out the colored chips for the Valentine M&M’s that I used in the cookies that I’m sharing today. And I’ve already posted about Peanut Butter M&M Cookies on here, which is another great cookie recipe that you really have got to try, if you haven’t already.But I realized I haven’t shared one of the cookie recipes that gets made most often at our house – these Soft & Chewy M&M Cookies that really are the best ever!I add extra milk chocolate chips for an even bigger chocolate boost and it definitely makes a difference compared to just using M&M’s or even adding semi-sweet chocolate chips in these cookies.You can make the cookies big (I love a gigundo sized cookie) or small, although you might need to increase or decrease the baking time. But if you are making what I would consider regular-sized cookies, you should get about 2 dozen from this recipe and they should be done right around the 9 to 11 minute mark.If you really want “perfect” looking round cookies, I would suggest using a cookie scoop or even rolling the cookie dough into balls before baking so they spread out perfect even and circular.
Tips for Making Chewy M&M Cookies that Stay Soft
- Do not overbake! The middles won’t even be completely set when pulling the cookies out of the oven and the cookies probably won’t even look done. That’s okay because the cookies will finish cooking while they set on the baking sheet. This is how you get chewy edges and soft centers!
- Don’t mix all the M&M’s into the batter. Reserve about 3/4 cup of them to press into the tops of the cookies before baking. It’s a total vanity move but M&M cookies ought to be pretty and showy and colorful!
- M&M’s are awesome because they always have seasonal blends (or custom blends even for showers, parties, and receptions!) so you have a perfectly cute and yummy holiday-coordinated treat without the hassle of complicated “decorating”. Which I’m terrible at anyway! These ones just happen to be Valentine’s Day-themed with the red, white, and pinks, but I’ve done this with regular M&M’s, Christmas, 4th of July, Easter, etc.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk chocolate M&M's, divided
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla and beat on medium-speed until light and fluffy, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt, then mix until just combined.
- Gently stir in 1 1/4 cups of the M&M's and all of the milk chocolate chips, reserving the remaining chocolate chips to place on top of the cookies before baking.
- Scoop dough into balls and roll between the palms of your hands if you want very uniform-looking "perfect" cookies (or just drop onto the parchment-lined baking sheet in mounds, which is what I usually do). Press some of the reserved M&M's into the top of each cookie, then bake for 9-11 minutes, until the edges have set and the tops are just beginning to set, even if the cookies look slightly glossy and underbaked in the center.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 2-3 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 233 Saturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 26mg Sodium: 139mg Carbohydrates: 31g Sugar: 22g Protein: 2g
STILL HUNGRY? GET MORE GREAT FOOD IDEAS AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE BY FOLLOWING HOUSE OF NASH EATS ON SOCIAL MEDIA FOR MORE INSPIRATION!
I enjoy hearing from you! If you have tried this recipe or any others on my site, leave me a comment and a rating and I will do my best to respond!Looking for other Valentine’s Day Inspiration? Here are a few of my favorites!Chocolate Molten Lava CakesChocolate Covered StrawberriesRaspberry Chocolate Tart