This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Grilled Peaches with Ice Cream is a perfectly sweet and juicy treat and one of the best summer dessert recipes to use this fantastic fruit from the farmer’s market.
I’m totally and completely obsessed with fresh peaches during the summer months when they are in season. Hands-down, with no hesitation, I can say that a fresh, ripe peach is my favorite fruit of all time.
We love to eat them plain, or even cut up and drizzled with a little heavy cream for peaches and cream.
How to Grill Peaches
Don’t be intimidated to grill your fruit. The heat from the grill brings out the natural sugars in stone fruit and caramelizes the edges.
Grilled fruit is absolutely delicious (we love grilled pineapple as well) and can be added to salads, served alongside proteins, or offered as a perfect summer dessert.
All it takes to grill peaches is a grill, a little oil, and fresh, ripe peaches, preferably the freestone variety rather than cling. The difference between cling and freestone peaches is whether the flesh of the peach clings to or releases from the pit in the center of the fruit.
Freestone is much easier to work with, especially if you are going to be throwing the sliced peach halves on the grill. Although if you only have cling peaches, you can just slice close to the pit and that will work too.
Heat the grill to medium-high heat, then brush the cut sides of as many peaches as you would like with just a little bit of oil to help prevent them sticking to the grill grates.
Arrange the peaches on the grill, cut sides down, then grill for 3-4 minutes, until grill marks start to appear. I like to flip my peaches to cook on the other side for another 3-4 minutes, just until the peaches are warm all the way through and softened.
Then remove the peaches from the grill and drizzle with a little honey before topping with ice cream and devouring. Vanilla ice cream is wonderful, or for something extra special, try this toasted almond ice cream.
This same technique works for any stone fruit – peaches, nectarines, plums, or apricots – whatever looks good at the farmer’s market this week!
Speaking of the farmer’s market, keep scrolling to the end of this post for more farmer’s market inspired recipes from some of my food blogging friends as we celebrate National Farmer’s Market Week this week!
More Fruit Dessert Recipes
- Fresh Strawberry Pie without Jell-O
- Southern Peach Pie Perfection
- Blackberry Swirl Ice Cream
- Strawberry Pineapple Coconut Swirl Popsicles
- Fresh Peach Cobbler à la Mode
- Strawberry Pretzel Icebox Pie
- 2 large ripe peaches, sliced in half
- 1 tablespoon oil
- honey, to drizzle over the grilled peaches
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- Heat a grill to medium-high heat. Brush the cut halves of each peach with oil, then lay them cut side down on the grill and close the lid.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes until grill marks appear, then flip the peaches and cook for another 3-4 minutes until the peaches are warm all the way though and the peaches are soft.
- Remove the peaches from the grill and drizzle with a little honey, then top each peach half with a scoop of ice cream and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 201 Saturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 29mg Sodium: 52mg Carbohydrates: 23g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 21g Protein: 3g
Wednesday #FarmersMarketWeek Recipes
- Charred Corn, Zucchini, Arugula Pizza by The Baking Fairy
- Cherry Strawberry Frozen Yogurt by Caroline’s Cooking
- Corn Pasta with Bacon and Pecorino Romano by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Fresh Blueberry Streusel Topped Crumb Cake by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Green Bean Salad by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Indian Style Vegetable Fried Rice by Palatable Pastime
- Maple Bundt Cake with Cinnamon Maple Glaze by Family Around the Table
- Naan Bread Grilled Veggie Pizza by The Freshman Cook
- Peach, Zucchini and Onion Flatbread by Cookaholic Wife
- Raspberry Spinach Salad with Grilled Chicken by Tip Garden
- Roasted Onion Dip by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Savory Tomato Pie by Cooking With Carlee
- Southwest Stuffed Peppers by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Strawberry Shortcake Milkshake by The Redhead Baker
- Vegetable Lasagne Stuffed Zucchini Boats by Everyday Eileen
- Veggie Bagel Sandwich by Books n’ Cooks
- Watermelon Mojito Popsicles by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Zucchini Scones by Kate’s Recipe Box