This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.This easy homemade Harry Potter inspired Pumpkin Juice is the most popular non-alcoholic beverage in the wizarding world and it’s a must for the Fall season! Made with real pumpkin, apple cider, and warm and cozy spices for a delicious drink that is sure to delight wizards, witches, and muggles alike!This post is sponsored in conjunction with PumpkinWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the PumpkinWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
Pumpkin JuiceI don’t know about where you live, but here in my part of California we are definitely noticing that the nights are getting a little cooler and even though the days are still warm, they’ve lost the intensity of summer. Which means my favorite season of the year is right around the corner!I love, love, love Fall. Sweater weather, pumpkin patches, hayrides, donuts and trick-or-treating all just make my heart sing. It doesn’t hurt that I have an October birthday either. For me, THIS is the most magical time of the year!So while I’ve shared both sweet and savory pumpkin recipes this week, I thought it would be fun to share a pumpkin-forward beverage with you as well so you can have this recipe to celebrate Halloween, Thanksgiving, or just for no reason at all this Fall. I have made this for class parties and it was a big hit with my kids who love when there is a pitcher of pumpkin juice in the fridge. Be sure to scroll to the bottom of the post for more pumpkin-inspired recipes! Don’t be scared away by the idea of drinkable pumpkin. The flavor of pumpkin juice is really mostly apple cider and pumpkin spice with hints of pumpkin and apricot that give it a really full-bodied and smooth appeal.Start a new tradition this year by making a batch of pumpkin juice to enjoy with some popcorn and watch the Harry Potter Movies. Or better yet, re-read the books! I love listening to them on Audible.In the Harry Potter books, pumpkin juice is mentioned in all but the first book in the series as one of the most popular wizarding beverages (the other being butterbeer, of course). It is served in the Great Hall at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and on the Hogwarts Express snack trolley. This is one magical treat that you are going to love!
How to Make Harry Potter Inspired Pumpkin Juice At HomeIt’s so simple to make this fall beverage at home. Just stir all of the ingredients together in a large pot on the stove and let it simmer for a bit to allow the brown sugar to dissolve and the flavors of the other ingredients have time to really blend together. I’ve tried this before just blending the ingredients without heating them and you just don’t get the same smooth, unique flavor that comes from allowing the heat to unite all the flavors into something more than just amped up apple cider.Here’s the short list of what’s in pumpkin juice:
- Canned or homemade pumpkin puree
- Apple cider or apple juice (real apple cider has to be refrigerated and has a stronger flavor than apple juice, but either can work for this recipe)
- Apricot, pear, or peach nectar (listed in order of preference with apricot being my first choice – I can always find at least one option at my local grocery store)
- Brown sugar (just a little to sweeten things up just a bit)
- Pumpkin pie spices (cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, and cloves)
- 8 cups (64 ounces) apple cider
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree (a little less than 2 cups if using homemade pumpkin puree)
- 2 cups (16 ounces) apricot, peach, or pear nectar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 ground ginger
- Pinch of ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Combine all ingredients except vanilla in a large pot over medium heat on the stove and heat just until the pumpkin juice starts to boil then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla, then allow to cool completely and chill before serving over ice or re-heating to serve warm.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 146 Sodium: 11mg Carbohydrates: 35g Sugar: 31g