This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.Cranberry Jello Salad is a sweet-tart dessert salad loaded with crushed pineapple, chopped pecans, cranberries and a tangy cream cheese topping! It’s perfect to serve for Thanksgiving dinner, Christmas dinner, or any night of the year!
Cranberry Jello Salad with Cream Cheese ToppingIt’s pretty well established on this blog that I love a good jello like this triple layer Christmas Jell-O or this lemon pineapple Jell-O with pineapple whipped cream topping. If jello isn’t your thing, I’m sorry. Please feel free to enjoy these Fresh Cranberry Shortbread Bars instead or come back next week when I share my favorite dinner rolls that I make every year for our Thanksgiving feast.But it should really be no surprise to long-time readers of this blog that I would be all about a cranberry jello salad with cream cheese topping and chopped pecans sprinkled over the top. I love the flavors and textures going on in this sweet side dish, from the creamy topping to the crunchy filling to the jiggly gelatin! Make it with fresh homemade cranberry sauce or just use the canned stuff – whichever you prefer.I know that this recipe for cranberry salad is really more of a dessert and not a salad, but I’m not going to let that stop me from enjoying a slice of this sweet-tart deliciousness with my meal! If you want a real salad, definitely try this winter pear, pomegranate & swiss salad with poppy seed dressing!
How to Make Cranberry Jello SaladAll it takes to prep a cranberry Jell-O salad is a few minutes to dissolve a couple of packages of gelatin into hot water and then stir in the other ingredients. Give it a couple of hours to set, then mix up the sour cream and cream cheese topping to spread on top before sprinkling with nuts and slicing to serve with your favorite holiday meal or Sunday dinner.Like many jello dishes, cutting a clean slice isn’t always easy, but nobody will care once they take their first bite! I hope you have enjoyed #CranberryWeek as much as I have! Be sure to also check out my other two contributions, a Cranberry Apple Pie and White Chocolate Cranberry Blondies, and if you scroll to the end of the post you can see lots of other cranberry ideas from fellow bloggers also participating in this fun event!
Even More Thanksgiving Recipes to Add to Your Holiday Menu
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Apples
- Baked Brie in Puff Pastry with Apricot Preserves
- Lion House Dinner Rolls
- Green Beans with Bacon & Pine Nuts
- 2 (3 oz.) pkgs. cherry Jell-O (or raspberry or cranberry, if you can find it)
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 (20 oz.) can crushed pineapple (do not drain the juice)
- 1 can whole cranberry sauce (a little less than 2 cups homemade cranberry sauce)
- 1 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 3/4 cup cranberry or apple juice
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- Add both packets of Jell-O to the boiling water in a large bowl, stirring until completely dissolved.
- Stir in the crushed pineapple (juice and all) and whole cranberry sauce, using the back of the stirring spoon to break up any chunks of cranberry sauce a bit against the side of the bowl.
- Add in 3/4 cup of the chopped pecans and the cranberry or apple juice and stir to combine, then carefully pour into a 9x13-inch glass dish or jello mold and refrigerate until set, about 2 hours.
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese on high speed with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add the powdered sugar and sour cream and mix well until completely combined, then spread over the top of the set Jell-O.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup of chopped pecans, then serve.
Recipe slightly adapted from Unsophisticated Cook.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 122 Saturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 6mg Sodium: 19mg Carbohydrates: 15g Sugar: 14g
- Cranberry Bliss Bars (Starbucks Copycat) from Family Around The Table
- Cranberry Clementine Gin from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Cranberry Clusters by The Freshman Cook
- Cranberry Cream Cheese Bars from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Cranberry-Pistachio Dark Chocolate Bark from Books n’ Cooks
- Panettone from Caroline’s Cooking
- You Make Me Blush Cocktail by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Warm Cranberry Punch from Everyday Eileen