This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
This creamy, cheesy Jalapeno Popper Dip with Bacon is the ultimate appetizer indulgence! So warm and comforting and perfect for parties!
When I was in high school I got my first “real” job as a server at a Mexican restaurant. It was a far cry from authentic Mexican, but I will say that’s where I was first introduced to jalapeno poppers, which were taken frozen from the freezer and deep-fried before serving them to guests.
Which, I’m guessing, is how basically most restaurant chains that serve jalapeno poppers operate. Regardless, I love those cheesy, creamy, mildly spicy appetizers with the crispy breaded coating on the outside.
Best Jalapeno Popper Dip Recipe
This easy, delicious jalapeno popper dip recipe has all the flavor of jalapeno poppers, including that crunchy breading element in the form of buttery panko breadcrumbs sprinkled on top. Jalapeno popper dip with panko topping is a no-brainer, right?
The dippable form is crazy addicting and super easy to whip up for a game day party, holiday gathering, or New Year’s Eve celebration.
Even though it seems like a lot of jalapenos are in this jalapeno popper dip with bacon recipe, don’t let that scare you off.
The dip is honestly hardly spicy at all, so long as you remove the seeds and stems from the jalapenos (if you want it spicy, by all means, leave some of the seeds in!).
Any heat in the jalapeno itself is also way toned down thanks to the creamy cream cheese mixture that serves as the base of the dip. Which also happens to have four different kinds of cheese in it. And bacon.
BECAUSE WE CAN.
I use fresh jalapenos even though some jalapeno popper dip recipes call for canned peppers. I just think fresh jalapenos have a much better flavor and I like the little bit of texture that they add.
What do you serve with Jalapeno Popper Dip?
This jalapeno popper dip with bacon is fantastic served with crackers, tortilla chips, sliced crusty bread, or veggies (I especially like it with sugar snap peas).
But I’m also thinking that if there are leftovers they would be delicious on top of some baked or grilled chicken. Not that I know because I haven’t had any left for that kind of experimenting yet!
How to Make Jalapeno Popper Dip with Bacon
- In a large bowl, beat the softened cream cheese, mayonnaise, and sour cream until smooth using an electric mixer. Stir in the chopped jalapenos, bacon and cheeses.
- Transfer the dip mixture to a cast-iron skillet or baking dish and spread into an even layer.
- In a separate bowl, combine the panko bread crumbs, butter, and parmesan, then sprinkle over the dip. Bake in a 350 degree F oven until warm throughout and the breadcrumbs are toasty and golden brown on top!
More Easy Appetizer Ideas You’ll Love
- How to Make the Best Fruit and Cheese Platter
- Healthier Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip Recipe
- Asian Lettuce Wraps
- Easy Greek 7 Layer Dip
- Baked Brie in Puff Pastry with Apricot Preserves
- Cheesy Spinach Egg Rolls from It Bakes Me Happy
- Ham and Cheese Hot Spinach Dip from Kleinworth Co.
- Chicken Parmesan Roll Ups from Bread Booze Bacon
- Cranberry Fluff Cheesecake Bites from Homemade Interest
- Baby Lamb Chops with Red and Green Sauces from Tara Teaspoon
- Herbed Goat Cheese Ball from Around My Family Table
- Hot Crab Dip with Cream Cheese from The Anthony Kitchen
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Stuffed Jalapeno Bites from Barbara Bakes
- Seafood Stuffed Mushroom Caps from It’s Yummi
- Jalapeno Cheddar Pigs in a Blanket from The Two Bite Club
- Mini Honey Roasted Almond Cheese Balls from The Frugal Foodie Mama
- Olive Christmas Tree Appetizer from Cooking on the Front Burners
- 12-14 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled, divided (a little more than 1 cup total)
- 2 (8 ounce) pkgs. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 4-6 large jalapenos, cut, with seeds and stems removed, and finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup plain panko breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Cook the bacon, then chop or crumble. Set aside 2-3 tablespoons for topping. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, blend the cream cheese with the sour cream and mayonnaise until smooth using a hand mixer. Stir in the chopped jalapeno, crumbled bacon, garlic powder, smoked paprika, pepper, and salt. Add the cheese and stir to combine, then pour into a 10-inch skillet or square baking dish, spreading into an even layer.
- In a small bowl, combine the panko breadcrumbs with the melted butter and Parmesan cheese, tossing with a fork to coat the breadcrumbs. Sprinkle over the top of the dip.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until the breadcrumbs are lightly browned and the dip is hot all the way through. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the reserved bacon and chopped fresh parsley, topping with additional fresh sliced jalapenos, if desired. Serve hot with crackers, chips, or veggies for dipping.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 242Saturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 408mgCarbohydrates: 3gProtein: 9g