This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
This post has been sponsored by GoodNes.com. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
This Cheesy Tortellini & Chicken Pumpkin Alfredo Bake features Buitoni® Three Cheese Tortellini with pan-seared chicken breast cut into bite-size pieces, then tossed together in a cheesy, creamy pumpkin alfredo sauce made with mozzarella, Parmesan & Romano cheeses, as well as fresh mushrooms and crumbled bacon! Then everything goes into a casserole dish, gets sprinkled with more cheese, and is baked until hot and the cheese is melted on top. It’s a family-pleasing weeknight meal that is savory and satisfying!
I love cooking with these refrigerated Buitoni Three Cheese Tortellini. They are so versatile and can be paired with fresh ingredients like proteins and veggies like the chicken, mushrooms, and pumpkin in this yummy, savory casserole for a delicious meal that my whole family enjoys every time.
Plus, Buitoni helps me get an easy, fresh dinner on the table fast, which is a huge help on busy weeknights.
If you like recipes like this cheesy tortellini & chicken pumpkin alfredo bake, you can check out GoodNes for more inspiration. They have a wide variety of fresh, innovative and family friendly recipes like this one, as they value traditions created in the kitchen and around the dinner table, which is something I love.
I find that my kids tend to prefer smaller pasta shapes like tortellini, and these cheesy ones are so good with alfredo sauce, which is a classic pairing. Adding pumpkin puree to the alfredo sauce is such an easy, wonderful new twist that elevates this into something even more savory, delicious, and perfect for Fall!
And the bacon, mushrooms, and pan-seared chicken really round out the dish to make it a complete meal and create a unique, bold flavor that is the ultimate in Fall comfort food.
This Cheesy Tortellini & Chicken Pumpkin Alfredo Bake is a surprisingly easy dish that can be pulled together in just around 30 minutes, even with making the pumpkin alfredo sauce from scratch!
If you are really pressed for time, you could always grab a jar of refrigerated Buitoni Alfredo Sauce and stir in the pumpkin for a super fast version, but this homemade pumpkin alfredo sauce recipe is so good and is lightened up a bit with cream cheese and chicken broth in place of heavy cream.
To make this dish, start out by cooking the Buitoni Three Cheese Tortellini in a large pot of salted, boiling water, then setting it aside while preparing the other components of the casserole.
Cook the chopped bacon in a large heavy skillet, then transfer it to a plate and cook the chicken in the same pan, wiped clean of the bacon grease.
Once both the bacon and chicken are cooked, you can make the pumpkin alfredo sauce by first sautéeing the garlic and mushrooms for a few minutes in the same heavy skillet.
While those cook, whisk together pumpkin, chicken broth, milk, and flour in a bowl, then add it to the skillet with the mushrooms.
The sauce will get thick and bubbly in just about five minutes, and then you add in the cream cheese and whisk until it’s melted before sprinkling mozzarella, Parmesan and Romano cheese into the sauce and stirring to combine.
After that, it’s just a matter of assembling this casserole by adding the bacon and pan-seared chicken, chopped up into bite-size pieces about the same size as the tortellini, into the casserole dish with the cooked tortellini.
Then the pumpkin alfredo sauce loaded with sautéed mushrooms and cheese gets poured over the top and it all gets tossed together to evenly coat all the meat and pasta with sauce.
After topping the Cheesy Tortellini & Chicken Pumpkin Alfredo Bake with the remaining cheese, it just goes into a hot oven for about 15 minutes, until it’s hot all the way through and the cheese it melted on top. Then you can serve it family style at the dinner table with a little freshly chopped parsley and toasted pine nuts sprinkled over the top (totally optional, but so, so good!).
This Cheesy Tortellini & Chicken Pumpkin Alfredo Bake is a fantastic, simple option for a weeknight meal that maximizes your time and effort so you can enjoy dinner with your family! I hope you love it as much as we do! For even more simply delicious and time efficient meal ideas, be sure to visit GoodNes!
More Pasta Recipes You’re Family Will Love
- Cheesy Baked Spaghetti Casserole
- BLT Pasta Salad
- Homemade Hamburger Helper Cheeseburger Pasta Skillet
- The Best Spaghetti and Meatballs Recipe
- One Pot Bruschetta Chicken Pasta
- Chicken Spaghetti Casserole
- Angel Hair Pasta with Shrimp, Tomatoes and Fresh Basil
- 1 pkg. (20 ounces) Buitoni Refrigerated Three Cheese Tortellini
- 6 slices bacon, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced in half lengthwise to create 4 thinner cutlets
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 3/4 cup freshly grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan & Romano cheeses
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Toasted pine nuts (optional)
- Prepare tortellini according to package directions in a large pot of boiling, salted water. Drain and set aside.
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet until crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm. Drain the grease from the bacon and wipe out the skillet.
- In the same skillet used for the bacon, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat. Season the chicken breasts with salt & pepper, then grill in the skillet until nicely browned on the outside and cooked through, about 3-4 minutes per side. Remove from the pan and allow the chicken to rest before cutting into bite-size pieces. Keep warm.
- Using the same large skillet used to cook the bacon and chicken, melt the butter over medium heat, then add the garlic and cook and stir for 30 seconds, just until fragrant. Add the mushrooms and cook for 3-4 minutes, just until softened.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, chicken broth, milk and flour. Add to the garlic and mushrooms and continue to cook, stirring frequently, until hot and bubbling, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese cheese and whisk until melted. Stir in the half of the Parmesan, Romano and Mozzarella cheeses and season with salt and pepper. Reserve the remaining cheese for topping the casserole. Reduce heat, and allow the sauce to simmer for 5 minutes, until slightly thickened, then add the tortellini to the sauce and toss to combine.
- Transfer to a baking dish and top with remaining cheese. Bake at 375 degrees for 13-15 minutes, until cheese is melted and dish is hot all the way through. Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley and toasted pine nuts, if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 327 Saturated Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 84mg Sodium: 529mg Carbohydrates: 7g Sugar: 2g Protein: 21g