Buffalo Chicken Dip is a creamy, cheesy, hot dip that is perfect for parties, and fantastic with tortilla chips or crunchy veggies. It's protein-packed and loaded with big flavors that are just as good reheated the next day if you happen to have leftovers.
What is Buffalo Chicken Dip?
This buffalo ranch chicken dip is a delicious, zesty dip that tastes great on almost anything. If you like buffalo anything, this dip is going to be right up your alley. It’s not hard to see why it’s one of the more popular dips for enjoying during football games and tailgate parties.
Honestly, I can make a meal out of a dip like this without blinking an eye. It's a great way for using up a rotisserie chicken or leftover chicken and can be thrown together in minutes, so it's perfect for entertaining.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Mix everything together: You could do this in a separate bowl, or just in the oven-safe pan or dish you plan to bake your dip in. Just add the chicken and buffalo sauce, tossing to coat the chicken well. Then add the mozzarella cheese, ranch dressing, and some mozzarella cheese and mix it all together.
- Bake: Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top for a stretchy, gooey layer and pop the whole thing in the oven for 20 minutes or so until it's hot and the cheese is melted.
- Serve: Put a trivet out and serve this dip family style with plenty of tortilla chips, celery sticks, carrots, pretzels, sliced baguette, etc. for scooping up dip.
Is Buffalo Chicken Dip Gluten Free?
This buffalo chicken dip is gluten free. However you should be mindful of what ingredients are in your ranch dressing and buffalo sauce as they could hide glutens in the ingredients, making it unsafe for those with allergies. You should also look for gluten free options to dip into this cheesy dip.
Can Buffalo Chicken Dip Be Frozen?
Yes, you can freeze the dip! You can either keep it in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months and thaw overnight in the fridge before baking. You can also store it in a freezer and oven friendly dish and bake it while frozen. Just note that it will take longer to cook from frozen.
How Long is Buffalo Chicken Dip Good For?
If kept properly stored in the fridge, you can get your buffalo chicken dip to last up to a week. This should give you plenty of time to dig in or make it in advance.
Can Buffalo Chicken Dip Be Served Cold?
Absolutely! While it does taste much better warm and is a lot easier to spread and dip things in while it’s all melty, you can definitely eat it cold too. It’s totally up to your own personal preferences.
Can I make this in a crockpot?
You can definitely make this buffalo chicken dip recipe in a slow cooker just by dumping everything in and stirring to combine. Cover and cook on HIGH for 1-2 hours or on LOW for 2-3 hours until hot all the way through. Stir once or twice during that period, then sprinkle the reserved cheese on top during the last 30 minutes to melt.
More Tasty Dip Recipes You'll Love!
- Refried Bean Dip
- Grilled Mexican Street Corn Dip
- Philly Cheesesteak Dip
- Jalapeno Popper Dip with Bacon
- Easy Greek 7 Layer Dip
- Healthier Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Warm Cheesy Crack Dip
- Bacon Cheese Dip
More Tailgate Ready Snacks and Appetizers
- Slow Cooker Little Smokies
- The Best Guacamole Ever
- Homemade Soft Pretzels with Mustard Cheese Dip
- Slow Cooker Asian Pulled Pork Sliders
- Puppy Chow
- Homemade Granola Bars
- Bacon Green Onion Deviled Eggs
- Loaded Potato Skins
- Oven Baked Korean BBQ Chicken Wings
Did you make this recipe?
Let me know what you thought with a comment and rating below. You can also take a picture and tag me on Instagram @houseofnasheats or share it on the Pinterest pin so I can see.
Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese divided
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ¾ cup buffalo wing sauce
- ½ cup ranch dressing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an oven-safe skillet or 9"x9" pan with cooking pray.
- Combine the chicken, 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese, cream cheese, buffalo sauce, and ranch dressing in a bowl. Mix well then transfer to the prepared skillet or pan.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top, then bake for 20 minutes until hot and cheese is melted. Serve with tortilla chips, celery sticks, carrots, crackers, sliced baguette, etc.
- Slow Cooker Instructions: You can definitely make this buffalo chicken dip recipe in a slow cooker just by dumping everything in and stirring to combine. Cover and cook on HIGH for 1-2 hours or on LOW for 2-3 hours until hot all the way through. Stir once or twice during that period, then sprinkle the reserved cheese on top during the last 30 minutes to melt.