This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
These Ultimate Butterfinger Brownies are scary good! Don’t wait until you have leftover Halloween candy to make these!
Ultimate Butterfinger Brownies are rich and fudgy, with the signature crispety, crunchety, peanut buttery-ness of Butterfingers!
Confession: We have already started celebrating Halloween at our house. I can’t help myself! It’s my favorite holiday!
Hocus Pocus has already been viewed twice this month and I’ve bought more than one bag of Halloween candy, including these these fun-size Butterfingers. They are perfect for making Halloween treats like these Ultimate Butterfinger Brownies.
If you haven’t tried Butterfingers Peanut Butter Cups yet, you are missing out. Big Time. The outside is milk chocolate and the inside is stuffed with a Butterfingers peanut butter filling that is both creamy AND crunchy. And they come skull shaped at Halloween, which is delightfully creepy!
And it makes it super easy to turn a plate of these Butterfinger Brownies into a spooky treat just by adding a few unwrapped skulls to the plate!
I’m alllllllll about festive Halloween desserts that don’t require mad decorating skills (see these Dark Chocolate Halloween Chip Cookies or Halloween Chex Mix Muddy Buddies for proof) so skull shaped candies are right up my alley.
These are the crispety, crunchety, peanut buttery-iest brownies ever. I started with my recipe for Ultimate Brownies, which I tweaked just a bit for these brownies by replacing the chocolate chips with cocoa powder.
Then it’s just a matter of chopping up some butterfingers to toss them in the brownie batter.
Be sure to subscribe to the House of Nash Eats emails so you never miss a recipe like this!
More Halloween Desserts You’ll Love
- Halloween Poison Candied Apples
- Halloween Chocolate Blossom Sprinkle Cookies
- Halloween Chocolate Cherry Hand Pies
- Twix Caramel Popcorn
- Halloween Chex Mix Muddy Buddies
- Dark Chocolate Halloween Chip Cookies
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 ounces high quality unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, plus 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup roughly chopped Butterfingers candy bars (8-9 fun-size bars)
- 1 cup chopped Butterfinger Peanut Butter Skull Cups
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a square 8x8" baking dish with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, and salt in a bowl.
- Combine the butter and chopped unsweetened chocolate in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high in 30 second bursts, stirring well with a spoon or spatula between bursts, until completely melted and smooth. Allow to cool for a few minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, egg yolk, and sugar and beat with an electric mixer for 3 minutes on medium-high speed until light and thick. This step is important because it is what is going to give that papery thin, crackly crust and perfect brownie texture that you want. Add the vanilla and beat again until combined.
- Add the slightly cooled melted chocolate and butter to the eggs, sugar and vanilla and stir to combine using a wooden spoon or spatula. Sprinkle the sifted flour, cocoa powder and salt over the batter and gently stir it in, just until no streaks of flour remain. Stir in the chopped Butterfingers and Butterfinger Peanut Butter Skull Cups.
- Pour the brownie batter into the prepared baking dish and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until a toothpick or skewer inserted into the center of the brownies comes out mostly clean with only a few crumbs attached. Be sure not to overbake.
- Cool completely before cutting.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 301Saturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 50mgSodium: 152mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 2gSugar: 28gProtein: 4g