These Ultimate Butterfinger Brownies are made with both regular Butterfingers and the new Butterfinger Peanut Butter Skull Cups and they are scary good! Don’t wait until you have leftover Halloween candy to make these!
Ultimate Butterfinger Brownies are rich and fudgy, with the signature crispety, crunchety, peanut buttery-ness of Butterfingers! Make sure you grab an extra bag of Butterfingers Peanut Butter Skull Cups to have on hand just for baking these frightfully delicious Halloween brownies!
Confession: We have already started celebrating Halloween at our house. I can’t help myself! It’s my favorite holiday!
Hocus Pocus has already been viewed twice this month and I’ve bought more than one bag of Halloween candy, including these these new Butterfingers Peanut Butter Skull Cups and regular fun-size Butterfingers. They are perfect for making Halloween treats like these Ultimate Butterfinger Brownies.
If you haven’t tried Butterfingers Peanut Butter Cups yet, you are missing out. Big Time. The outside is milk chocolate and the inside is stuffed with a Butterfingers peanut butter filling that is both creamy AND crunchy. And they come skull shaped at Halloween, which is delightfully creepy! And it makes it super easy to turn a plate of these Butterfinger Brownies into a spooky treat just by adding a few unwrapped skulls to the plate!
I’m alllllllll about festive Halloween desserts that don’t require mad decorating skills (see these Dark Chocolate Halloween Chip Cookies or Halloween Chex Mix Muddy Buddies for proof) so skull shaped candies are right up my alley.
You need to grab some for handing out to trick-or-treaters, just be sure to use this discount when you pick them up at Walmart because nothing is scarier than paying full price when you don’t have to! I found the Butterfinger Peanut Butter Skull Cups at Walmart in the seasonal aisle.
These are the crispety, crunchety, peanut buttery-iest brownies ever. I started with my recipe for Ultimate Brownies, which I tweaked just a bit for these brownies by replacing the chocolate chips with cocoa powder. Then it’s just a matter of chopping up some Peanut Butter Skulls to toss them in the brownie batter along with some chopped fun-size Butterfinger bars.
Grab a bag (or 2 or 3) of these Butterfinger Peanut Butter Skull Cups, along with your favorite original Butterfingers in regular and jumbo packs using this coupon at Walmart so you have them on hand all season long!
Be sure to subscribe to the House of Nash Eats emails so you never miss a recipe like this!
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 ounces high quality unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, plus 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup roughly chopped Butterfingers candy bars (8-9 fun-size bars)
- 1 cup chopped Butterfinger Peanut Butter Skull Cups
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a square 8x8" baking dish with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, and salt in a bowl.
- Combine the butter and chopped unsweetened chocolate in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high in 30 second bursts, stirring well with a spoon or spatula between bursts, until completely melted and smooth. Allow to cool for a few minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, egg yolk, and sugar and beat with an electric mixer for 3 minutes on medium-high speed until light and thick. This step is important because it is what is going to give that papery thin, crackly crust and perfect brownie texture that you want. Add the vanilla and beat again until combined.
- Add the slightly cooled melted chocolate and butter to the eggs, sugar and vanilla and stir to combine using a wooden spoon or spatula. Sprinkle the sifted flour, cocoa powder and salt over the batter and gently stir it in, just until no streaks of flour remain. Stir in the chopped Butterfingers and Butterfinger Peanut Butter Skull Cups.
- Pour the brownie batter into the prepared baking dish and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until a toothpick or skewer inserted into the center of the brownies comes out mostly clean with only a few crumbs attached. Be sure not to overbake.
- Cool completely before cutting.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 301 Saturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 50mg Sodium: 152mg Carbohydrates: 42g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 28g Protein: 4g