This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Make this delicious Grilled Corn Salad with all the fresh produce from the farmer’s market this summer. It’s creamy, cool, and full of amazing flavor, crunch, and just a little spice!
I’m 100% in love with this easy, amazing grilled corn salad that is giving me allllllll the summer vibes these days.
Grilled corn, cherry tomatoes, crispy cucumbers, creamy avocado, jalapeno and a light, tangy dressing makes for the best, fresh flavor that goes so well with any BBQ or main dish.
This week I’m teaming up with some of my food blogging friends to celebrate the best flavors of summer in what we are calling Farmer’s Market Week.
All week we will be sharing our favorite recipes that highlight ingredients you will find at your local farmer’s market all August long. You can find more farmer’s market inspiration at the bottom of this post after the recipe, so keep scrolling!
I grabbed some of my favorite summer produce from the farmer’s market like corn on the cob, summer-ripe cherry tomatoes, and cucumbers to make this salad.
Then I tossed them together with some cilantro, lime juice, jalapeno, and garlic in a creamy dressing made from mayo and greek yogurt or sour cream (whatever I happen to have on hand since I use them interchangeably in my cases). My family loved it and I think yours will too!
How to Make Grilled Corn Salad
I love cooking fresh summer corn on the grill because it concentrates the natural sugars in the corn, adding a wonderful sweetness and smoky flavor to this grilled corn salad.
My favorite way to make grilled corn is by just grilling the corn shucked on the grill. My kids love to help with dinner by shucking the corn.
First, remove the husk and silk, then lay the corn directly on a hot grill and cook it, turning occasionally until it gets charred on all sides.
Grilling corn this way gives amazing grilled flavor that you don’t always get when you grill the corn in it’s husk. Plus, it requires less prep work and makes creating this grilled corn salad so much easier.
You could even turn this grilled corn salad into a full-fledged summer meal in itself by adding diced grilled chicken to it.
Or since it’s totally scoopable, you could even serve it with chips and treat it more like a dip for a perfect party appetizer.
More Summer Side Dish Recipes
- BLT Pasta Salad
- Watermelon Basil Feta Salad
- Summer Fruit Salad with Honey Lime Poppy Seed Dressing
- Peach Panzanella Salad
- Creamy Grape Salad
- 4 ears of corn, shucked, grilled, and cut off the cob (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup english cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt or mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed, finely diced
- Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- Put the corn, still in its husks, on the grill, cover, and cook for 20 minutes rotating the corn cobs every 5 minutes or so.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix to combine the garlic, jalapeño, and a large pinch of kosher salt. Add the lime zest, lime juice, and olive oil and whisk to combine. Add the avocado, tomatoes, scallions, and cilantro and toss gently to combine.
- Remove the corn from the grill. When cool enough to handle, peel back the silk, and slice the kernels off the cobs directly into the bowl with a knife. Toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 170 Saturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 13mg Sodium: 178mg Carbohydrates: 7g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 2g Protein: 1g
Monday #FarmersMarketWeek Recipes
- Banana Nut Muffins by Family Around the Table
- Blueberry Peach Pie with Pecan Streusel by The Baking Fairy
- Easy Gazpacho Recipe by Everyday Eileen
- Fresh Corn & Tomato Fettuccine by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Deconstructed Grilled Chicken Fajitas by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Grilled Shrimp and Summer Squash Tacos by Tip Garden
- Hummus Chicken Salad by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Kale Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Kielbasa and Cheddar Mini Omelette Cups by The Freshman Cook
- Mexican Street Corn Salad by Simple and Savory
- Parmesan Roasted Zucchini and Tomatoes by Cooking With Carlee
- Potato and Pea Salad by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Ribeye Steaks with Corn Salsa by The Redhead Baker
- Roasted Tomato Salsa by Books n’ Cooks
- Slow Cooker Summer Ratatouille Stew by Palatable Pastime
- Sour Cream Peach Pie by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Summer Pudding by Caroline’s Cooking
- Sweet & Tangy Summer Garden Cucumbers by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Watermelon Cucumber Smoothie by Cookaholic Wife
- Zucchini Quiche by Karen’s Kitchen Stories