Rich, creamy, and irresistible, this No-Bake Cheesecake recipe is an all-around winner! It takes only 10 minutes to prep, and you can let the fridge do the rest of the work for you. This no-fuss cheesecake recipe needs only 7 ingredients, and is perfect for hot summer days and busy holiday dinners!
Do you love making easy, no-bake desserts? If you’re into chocolate desserts, try my No-Bake Chocolate Eclair Cake or my Chocolate Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies. Or if fruity flavors are more your thing, my Easy No-Bake Blueberry Delight and No-Bake Sour Cream Lemon Pie will definitely hit the spot!
What is your favorite cheesecake? It’s so hard to choose just one! New York? Strawberry? Chocolate? Salted Caramel? I think I’d have a slice of each!
However, cheesecakes can be kind of tricky to make, especially the baked ones!
Water baths, aluminum foil wraps, cracks on top…cheesecakes are pretty easy to mess up! Enter: the no-fuss No-Bake Cheesecake! We’re literally making a no-bake crust, pressing it into a pan, whipping up the cheesecake body (the main event), and spreading it on top. Let the fridge take care of the rest. That’s it. EASY!
No bake recipes are the best for the holidays! The oven is already loaded with turkey, sweet potatoes, rolls, and green beans, you just don’t have room for dessert in there too. Make this 7 ingredient no bake cheesecake recipe the night before…and it’s done!
I especially love this recipe for no-bake cheesecake because you can throw whatever toppings you want on it. If you’re serving a crowd, you could even have a Top-Your-Own Cheesecake Bar, where your family and friends can add one topping or as many as their hearts desire. You’ll never have to choose between New York, chocolate, and strawberry again!
No Bake Cheesecake Ingredients
Graham cracker no bake crust
- Graham crackers: I crushed my graham crackers into fine crumbs to make the crust smooth and even. You can either use a food processor or place the crackers in a ziplock bag, lock it, and roll it with a rolling pin.
- Butter: Melted, salted butter is what we need here! Nothing beats a buttery crust, and by using salted butter, you can skip adding extra salt.
- Brown sugar: Light brown sugar adds sweetness to the cheesecake crust, as well as a caramel flavor that white sugar is lacking.
- Cream cheese: You can’t have cheesecake without cream cheese! I like to take the cream cheese out of the fridge about an hour before I’m ready to cook. This helps it soften up and makes it easier to mix.
- Powdered sugar: To make the no-bake cheesecake mixture smoother, I opted for powdered sugar to avoid crunchy granules running through it. It makes the cheesecake texture velvety-smooth.
- Lemon juice: Lemon juice heightens the flavor of many sweet and savory recipes, including cheesecake! You don’t need much, but it really makes a difference.
- Vanilla extract: Just to add a little vanilla flavor to the cheesecake, adding to that classic taste we’re going for.
- Sour cream: Adds moisture as well as an extra hit of tang emphasize the much-loved tanginess of cheesecake.
- Heavy whipping cream: Much like the sour cream, heavy whipping cream adds extra moisture as well as richness. Most no-bake cheesecake recipes call for either sour cream or heavy whipping cream, but I like the best of both worlds!
Let's make cheesecake!
- Combine and press. Combine the graham cracker crumbs and butter. Press into a 9-inch springform pan, on the bottom and up the sides. It helps to use a measuring up or glass with a smooth, flat bottom.
2. Beat and fold. Beat the cream cheese and then add the sugar, vanilla, and sour cream. Next, beat the heavy whipping cream until it forms stiff peaks (but not butter!). Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese.
3. Spread and chill. Spread the cheesecake mixture into the crust. Chill at least 6-8 hours or overnight.
Can I make this no bake cheesecake recipe ahead of time?
Absolutely! I suggest making it the night before so that the next day you only have to worry about the toppings.
No-Bake Cheesecake toppings
There are endless options, really! Here are a few suggestions to get you started, but you can really let your imagination run wild here!
8 Simple Homemade Toppings
- Homemade Cherry Pie Filling
- Blueberry Pie Filling
- Raspberry Coulis
- Apple Butter for a fun, fall twist!
- Lemon Curd
- Buttermilk Caramel Syrup
- Peanut Butter Topping
- Hot Fudge Sauce
Fresh fruit - the healthier option!
Canned or jarred fruit in syrup
- Sour Cherries
- Black Cherries
- Chocolate curls or mini chocolate chips
- Chopped candy bars
Storage & Freezing
Because of all the dairy, this no bake cheesecake needs to be kept in the fridge! Either in an airtight container, or just cover the pan tightly in plastic wrap.
You can also freeze this no-bake cheesecake (if you have any leftover!). Just wrap it securely with plastic wrap and then tin foil. It’ll keep for up to 3 months in the freezer. Thaw it in the refrigerator for a few hours before serving.
More Cream Cheese Recipes to Try
- The Best Cream Cheese Brownies
- Black Forest Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Cheesecake
- Pecan Pie Cheesecake Bars
- Raspberry Pretzel Salad
- Cranberry Jello Salad with Cream Cheese Topping
- Pumpkin Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 ½ cups finely crushed graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup salted butter melted
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, and melted butter in a large bowl. Press into the bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the sugar, lemon juice, vanilla, and sour cream and beat again.
- In a separate bowl, beat the heavy cream until stiff peaks start to form. Be careful not to beat too long though or it will turn into butter. Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. Spoon and spread into the crust.
- Chill at least 6-8 hours or overnight. Slice and serve with your favorite toppings.