Oven Roasted Asparagus with Garlic, Parmesan, & Lemon is a quick and easy side dish that is especially delicious in Springtime when asparagus is in season! It’s easy to make oven roasted asparagus and everybody loves this simple, but flavorful take on one of the best Spring vegetables!
Oven Roasted Asparagus with Garlic, Parmesan, & Lemon
Asparagus is one of my favorite vegetables, especially in the spring. We often eat it prepared simply with just a little olive oil, salt and pepper. Or turn it into an easy appetizer by making an asparagus tart.
But I LOVE the lemon, Parmesan, and garlic flavors in this version and if you take just an extra minute or two to grate some fresh Parmesan, mince a couple cloves of garlic, and juice a lemon, you can have an impressive and incredibly flavorful oven roasted asparagus side dish that is perfect for a holiday dinner or even just your typical weeknight meal.
Oven roasted asparagus goes wonderfully with pan seared steaks, roasted chicken, or grilled whole fish.
Roasting is one of my favorite ways of preparing vegetables. It draws out their natural sweetness and tones down bitterness.
The technique of roasting the asparagus at a high temperature cooks the outside quickly so that the asparagus gets tender but still retains a bit of crunch. Because nobody likes limp, overcooked asparagus.
How to Make Oven Roasted Asparagus
Another thing I love about asparagus is how easy it is to prepare for roasting.
You can literally trim the tough ends of an entire bunch of asparagus with one chop, then lay all the asparagus right on your baking sheet (yay for not using extra dishes!) where you drizzle it with olive oil and season with salt and pepper before giving it a quick toss. Then you pop it in the oven and can work on finishing the rest of dinner.
It’s seriously like 2 minutes of preparation and as long as you set a timer and don’t forget about it, it turns out perfectly every time.
This oven roasted asparagus would be perfect alongside your ham, cheesy potatoes and knotted orange sweet rolls for Easter dinner.
Any leftovers are delicious the next day as well, either eaten cold in a salad, over eggs at breakfast or just reheated.
More easy side dishes you’ll love
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Apples
- Grilled Mexican Street Corn Recipe
- Stir-Fried Baby Bok Choy
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Wash the asparagus and trim the bottom inch of so of each stalk to get rid of the tough, fibrous part. A good way of telling where you should cut is to bend one stalk of asparagus toward the bottom until it snaps off. Then lay it next to the rest of the asparagus and cut them all to be the same length.
- Pat the asparagus dry and spread it out in a single layer on a baking sheet. Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle generously with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Give the asparagus a toss to coat it evenly in the olive oil and seasoning, then roast it in the oven for 8 to10 minutes, depending on thickness, just until tender.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the garlic, Parmesan cheese, and lemon juice and give it another toss before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 173 Saturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 9mg Sodium: 171mg Carbohydrates: 6g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 2g Protein: 7g
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE?
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience. Getting feedback from you helps me and other readers too!
Also, if you share on INSTAGRAM, use the hashtag #houseofnasheats and tag me (@houseofnasheats) so I can stop by and give your post some love. Thank you!