A creamy, delicious Pumpkin Pie Smoothie blended with pumpkin puree, banana, yogurt, and cozy spices that tastes just like pumpkin pie in a cup makes for an easy and healthy Fall breakfast.
Are you ready for all things Fall? It's one of our favorite times of the year and a great time to enjoy the Fall flavors and spices in so many different ways. Be sure to try out our refreshing Pumpkin Juice and our cozy Slow Cooker Homemade Apple Cider as well.
We have some definite pumpkin pie lovers in this family, namely our oldest daughter, Clara. While traditional pumpkin pie itself hasn't always been my favorite thing (I prefer pumpkin chiffon pie, personally), I actually really enjoy pumpkin in other things. Like pumpkin ice cream, pumpkin snickerdoodles, or pumpkin bread.
Why you should make this recipe
- There is nothing like a good slice of pie for breakfast in the fall! (It's true.) But if you're working on making better choices, this is a healthy way to satisfy that pumpkin spice craving that might be a little more justifiable and will have better staying power for sending kids off to school.
- This is a great way to use up the partial can of pumpkin puree you have leftover from making something else like pumpkin scones or pumpkin muffins.
- It's way cheaper to make a delicious pumpkin beverage at home than to shell out for one at Starbucks or Jamba Juice.
The ingredients for this smoothie are simple and wholesome. You can even whip up your own pumpkin puree ahead of time if you are lucky enough to have sugar pumpkins growing in your garden or pick some up at the store.
This smoothie is fantastic as a quick breakfast and is also incredibly satisfying as a snack. You can even serve it with some whipped cream, cinnamon, or caramel drizzle for an indulgent treat.
It just might end up being your favorite thing to make this fall!
What You'll Need
- Banana: A regular ripe banana is perfect for this recipe, but you can also add in a frozen banana for a thicker, creamier smoothie.
- Yogurt: Plain or vanilla works great. You can even use greek yogurt for more of a protein boost.
- Pumpkin puree: You can easily use canned pumpkin or you can make your own
- Pumpkin pie spice: Because we're making a pumpkin pie smoothie you're going to want to have warming spices in it! There is a simple substitute in the recipe notes if you don't have this on hand.
How to Make a Pumpkin Smoothie
Place all the smoothie ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Add more ice or use frozen bananas for a thicker smoothier or thin the smoothie out with more liquid if it is too thick for your liking.
You can serve like this or you can top it off with whipped cream, cinnamon or caramel sauce. A cinnamon stick makes a fun and cute garnish. Enjoy!
Pumpkin Pie Smoothie FAQ's
To make dairy-free use your favorite dairy-free yogurt and milk. Unsweetened almond milk will work great.
If you don't have pumpkin pie spice on hand, just add ¼ teaspoon each of ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, ground ginger with ⅛ teaspoon each of ground cloves and ground allspice.
- Frozen Bananas: Adding frozen bananas makes this smoothie super creamy. A great way to always have some on hand is if you have bananas that are about to go bad, go ahead and peel them, throw them into a zip lock, and toss them in the freezer for whenever you need them. They are a great addition to any smoothie.
- Yogurt: Plain or vanilla yogurt works great but feel free to mix it up and use greek yogurt if you prefer.
- Variations: Add in nut butter for extra punch of flavor. Almond butter goes great with this recipe, but you can also choose your favorite and it will be delicious. Or you can add 2-3 tablespoons of mini chocolate chips for a pumpkin chocolate chip smoothie that's even more of a treat!
- More mix-ins: You are welcome to trying mixing in other popular smoothie additions to bulk it up with things like flaxseed, chia seeds, oats, or even your favorite protein powder.
- Freezing: If you have leftovers or want to make a big batch ahead of time just pop it into a freezer safe container or freezer bag and store it in the freezer. When you're ready to enjoy, just thaw a stir.
More Pumpkin Recipes
- Pumpkin Snickerdoodles
- Salted Caramel Pumpkin Panna Cotta
- Pumpkin Streusel Muffins with Cream Cheese Filling
- No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- Pumpkin Chiffon Pie
Did you make this recipe?
Let me know what you thought with a comment and rating below. You can also take a picture and tag me on Instagram @houseofnasheats or share it on the Pinterest pin so I can see.
Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
- 1 frozen banana
- ½ cup plain or vanilla yogurt
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ to 1 cup milk depending on how thick you like your smoothie
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Ice optional
- Whipped cream
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Caramel sauce
- Place all the smoothie ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- You can serve like this or you can top it off with whipped cream, cinnamon or caramel sauce. Enjoy!
- To make dairy free use your favorite dairy free yogurt and milk. Unsweetened almond milk will work great.
- If you don't have pumpkin pie spice on hand, just add ¼ teaspoon each of ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, ground ginger with ⅛ teaspoon each of ground cloves and ground allspice.