This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MakeGameTimeSaucy #CollectiveBias
These Sheet Pan Ultimate Nachos with Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Ranch Chicken are the perfect Game Day food! Get everything you need at Walmart and serve them with not one, but TWO easy sauce options for dipping the cheesy, loaded nachos in before devouring!
I love serving these Game Day Sheet Pan Ultimate Nachos with both a red and a green sauce because my guests get to choose (or even take sides) just like they do with their teams! Are you team Picante Sauce or team Creamy Avocado Salsa Verde?
My favorite part about Game Day is the entertaining aspect of having friends over and enjoying some amazing game food that is anything but bland!
So today I’m teaming up with Pace® to “ban the bland” by sharing how I make Sheet Pan Ultimate Nachos using my slow cooker to do part of the prep work so when it’s Game Time, the party food is ready to go!
Pace® products are so versatile that I use them as both ingredients, condiments & as a dipping sauce in these nachos! It’s an easy win when it comes to meal planning for Game Time and I can get everything I need at Walmart.
The Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Ranch Chicken is a super easy slow cooker recipe that I also use on busy weeknights for chicken tacos when I know our schedule is going to be crazy.
It’s literally just dumping a handful of ingredients in the slow cooker as you are running out the door and then shredding the delicious, flavorful chicken when you get home or when it’s game time and you are ready to throw your nachos together.
Just toss some boneless, skinless chicken breasts in the slow cooker with a jar of 24 oz. Pace® Salsa Verde and a packet of Ranch seasoning (and maybe a little cumin if you are feeling all crazy and ambitious), and then let it cook until the chicken shreds easily with two forks.
It's so easy and the flavor is amazing! And it gives you more time to socialize, eat, and enjoy the big game with your friends and family!
Then when it's game time, the key to perfect ultimate nachos is all about assembly - tortilla chips, refried beans, shredded chicken, black beans, cheese, green onions, fresh chopped tomatoes, jalapenos, and cilantro! I mean, these nachos are called “ultimate” for a reason!
Go ahead and pile on ALL THE THINGS! The cheese gets all melty in the oven and all of the flavors work together to create my favorite Game Day food that can be either appetizer or main course.
Word to the wise, though, I only like doing 1 layer of chips and toppings.
I know some people will layer chips, cheese, chicken and beans like crazy when doing ultimate nachos, but I’m not making Mexican lasagna here and I feel like by the time you get around to serving them when made that way the bottom layers are starting to get soggy, which is no bueno in my book.
Just grab two baking sheets if you need to and spread those chips out in a single layer. It also helps to evenly disperse toppings so you get a bite of all the flavors with every chip!
To top it all off, serve your gorgeous, loaded sheet pan ultimate nachos with a red and a green sauce option with 24 oz. Pace® Picante Sauce or a quick, easy Creamy Avocado Salsa Verde Sauce made by combining Pace® Salsa Verde with fresh avocado and blending until creamy! It’s ridiculously quick and easy and it definitely bans the bland!
More Great Game Day Food
- Chicago Deep Dish Pizza
- Baked Greek Feta Meatballs
- Easy Greek 7 Layer Dip
- Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
- Philly Cheesesteak Dip
- Oven Baked Korean BBQ Chicken Wings
- Jalapeno Popper Dip with Bacon
- Grilled Mexican Street Corn Dip
- Chocolate Covered Pretzel Rods
Sheet Pan Ultimate Nachos with Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Ranch Chicken
- 1 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 24 ounce jar Pace® Salsa Verde
- 1 packet Ranch seasoning
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ cup sour cream optional
Sheet Pan Ultimate Nachos
- 1 large bag tortilla chips
- 1 large can refried black beans
- Salsa Verde Ranch Chicken see above
- 1 can whole black beans drained and rinsed
- 6 cups shredded monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- 4 green onions chopped
- 4 Roma tomatoes diced
- 1-2 jalapenos thinly sliced
- Handful of cilantro chopped
Creamy Avocado Salsa Verde
- 1 cup Pace® Salsa Verde
- 1-2 ripe avocados
- Combine the chicken, Pace® Salsa Verde, packet of Ranch seasoning, and cumin in a slow cooker. Cook for 3-4 hours on high heat or 5-6 hours on low heat. If using frozen chicken, add an extra hour to the cooking time. When chicken is done, shred with two forks.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Line 2 large baking sheets with foil.
- Arrange tortilla chips in a single layer on each pan. Drop small dollops of refried beans over the chips, then top with the shredded chicken and black beans, dividing evenly between each pan. Sprinkle 3 cups of the shredded cheese over each sheet pan of nachos, then bake in the oven until the cheese is melted and bubbling, about 8 to 10 minutes. You may have to do this in batches if your oven can’t hold both sheet pans at once.
- Remove nachos from the oven and top with the green onions, tomatoes, jalapenos, and cilantro, sprinkling them evenly over top of each pan of nachos. Serve immediately with Pace® Picante sauce and Creamy Avocado Salsa Verde.
- To make the Creamy Avocado Salsa Verde, simply combine 1 cup of Pace® Salsa Verde in a food processor or blender with 1 large or 2 small ripe avocados and blend until smooth.