Slow Cooker Spicy Steak, Rice, Lentils & Quinoa is a simple, easy post-workout recovery meal that is packed with protein, amazing flavor, and takes only minutes to throw together.
The beef slow cooks to tender perfection in the crockpot with spices like chipotle peppers, cumin & paprika and goes great with Village Harvest's Organic Protein Blend of brown jasmine, lentils and red quinoa.
Then dinner gets topped off with melted cheese, fresh cilantro, sliced avocados, green onions and sour cream for a yummy, family friendly meal that even kids and husbands will love! Slow Cooker Spicy Steak, Rice, Lentils & Quinoa is one of the best recipes you will make in your slow cooker!
As a busy mom who tries to find balance by making exercise and fitness a priority while also soaking up all the summer fun I can with my two kids, it's nice to have a good protein packed meal that can be made in the slow cooker so I can be out having fun at the pool or beach or park and getting in my regular workouts.
It's so nice to come home after a day of fun and have dinner almost done thanks to the slow cooker and minimal planning and prep work earlier in the day!
Slow Cooker Spicy Steak, Rice, Lentils & Quinoa is also a great weeknight meal to add to your dinner rotation with school starting in the next couple of weeks. (WHY SO SOON?!?!).
We are going to be trying to get our family back into our fall routines and having easy meals like this in my back pocket is a lifesaver during that adjustment period of new schedules and after-school activities.
More Slow Cooker Recipes You'll Love
- Slow Cooker Applesauce Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
- Kalua Pork (Slow Cooker or Instant Pot)
- Slow Cooker Cuban Mojo Pork
- Slow Cooker Korean Beef Short Ribs (Kalbi)
Did you make this recipe?
Let me know what you thought with a comment and rating below. You can also take a picture and tag me on Instagram @houseofnasheats or share it on the Pinterest pin so I can see.
Slow Cooker Spicy Steak, Rice, Lentils & Quinoa
- 2 to 2 ½ pounds flank steak
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 10 ounce can mild enchilada sauce
- 1 Tablespoon chipotle pepper in adobo sauce chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 16 ounce package Village Harvest Organic Protein Blend of Brown Jasmine Lentils & Quinoa
- 4 ¾ cups water
- ¾ cup medium or sharp cheddar cheese grated
- ¾ cup Pepperjack or Monterey Jack Cheese grated
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Sliced avocado
- chopped green onions
- Lime wedges
- sour cream
- Cut flank steak against the grain into thin strips and place in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker.
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, enchilada sauce, chipotle pepper, cumin, paprika, salt, pepper, and garlic powder and mix well. Pour over the flank steak, then cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours, until the meat is cooked throughout and tender.
- When the meat is close to being done, combine the Village Harvest Organic Protein Blend brown jasmine, lentils and red quinoa with 4 ¾ cups water in a medium pot and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to simmer for 20-22 minutes or until all of the water is absorbed, then remove from heat and fluff with a fork.
- When the meat is cooked through and tender, add the cooked rice, lentils and quinoa to the slow cooker and stir to combine. Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the top and cover. Heat for 20 minutes, or until the cheese is completely melted, then sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
- Serve with sliced avocado, chopped green onions, lime wedges, and sour cream.