This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
This easy S’mores Snack Mix is perfect for a summer get together or an easy way to enjoy s’mores all year long whether you can go camping or not! It’s got all the flavors of classic s’mores in a poppable handful that’s just the thing for a movie night at home!
If you love this kind of snack mix dessert, be sure to check out some of our other favorite “snacky” desserts like Puppy Chow (aka Chex Mix Muddy Buddies), Rice Krispie Treats, Lucky Charms Snack Mix, Twix Caramel Popcorn, and these fun Flower Pretzel Bites!
S’mores Snack Mix
We are one of those families that really enjoys camping. We enjoy setting up the tent, being out in nature, hiking, and sitting around the campfire toasting marshmallows at night.
Except we can’t always go camping when we want to and sometimes even when we do there are dry conditions and fires aren’t always allowed. This s’mores snack mix is a fun and easy solution that we actually love to make year-round, even when we aren’t in the great outdoors!
I readily admit this is hardly a recipe at all. It’s three ingredients. There is no cooking, baking, or freezing involved. Nothing needs to be melted or toasted or rolling out. And it takes less than a minute or two to actually throw this together.
But it’s perfect for a lazy Friday night or weekday afternoon when you are craving something fun and sweet. Kids and grownups alike love filling up little cups of this s’mores snack mix. I have made it so many times that I figured I might as well share it on the blog!
Ingredients in S’mores Snack Mix
To make this recipe, you need three ingredients that I have found at almost any grocery store:
- Honey-Flavored Teddy Grahams: You could use any teddy graham flavor you want to change things up, but we love the classic honey graham flavor for the most authentic s’mores experience.
- Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Drops: If you haven’t seen or tried these before, they are SO GOOD! I always find them in the candy aisle. They have a wonderfully smooth and soft texture with classic Hershey’s chocolate flavor. If you can’t find them, you could just break up some Hershey’s bars, use unwrapped Hershey’s Kisses, or even just resort to milk chocolate chips.
- Miniature Marshmallows: Make sure they are soft and fresh!
Really, most small cookies would work in this snack mix, although the more you change things up the farther away you get from the s’mores flavor. I’m thinking mini chips ahoy or classic animal crackers would work well. Brands like Keebler and Kodiak also make mini graham bites that are comparable to Teddy Grahams, but I have to admit that the little graham bears are just my favorite.
But wait! The marshmallows aren’t toasted!
I will admit that this s’mores snack mix violates one of my cardinal rules when it comes to s’mores desserts, which is that the marshmallows must be toasted for that classic campfire flavor.
But I’m willing to overlook it this one time since toasted mini marshmallows just won’t hold up in a snack mix.
You either end up with gooey snack mix, in which case you might as well just make s’mores rice krispie treats, or a weird dried out crunchy texture instead of soft marshmallows.
So untoasted marshmallows it is, and we’re not even mad about it.
How to serve s’mores snack mix
Party Style: My favorite way to serve this snack mix is to toss it all up in a big bowl and set out cups or bowls next to it with a big scoop or spoon. It’s definitely the easiest approach and people are always going back for more.
Individual Style: This approach is super cute but takes a little more work. You can layer the ingredients in cellophane treat bags by placing a scoop of marshmallows on the bottom followed by a layer of chocolate drops, then teddy grahams on top.
As long as the chocolate stays between the marshmallows and teddy grahams it prevents the crackers from going soft too quickly, so the bags need to be packed fairly compact so the contents don’t shift around. But it makes a fun handout at a party rather than serving the snack mix with bowls and a scoop.
Tips for making snack mix
- I don’t recommend making this too far in advance unless you are layering it in individual treat bags. Really fresh, moist marshmallows can turn make the teddy grahams lose their crunch after not too long. It’s such a simple thing to keep the ingredients separate and just toss them together right before serving.
- You don’t have to make the whole batch at once. Sometimes I just grab handfuls of each and throw them in a bowl and call it good if the kids have gone to bed and I find myself craving a treat.
More s’mores dessert recipes
- S’mores Bars
- S’mores Cookies
- S’mores Cupcakes
- S’mores Fudge
- S’mores Cheesecake
- S’mores Brownies
- S’mores Pie
- 1 (8-ounce) bag of mini honey Teddy Grahams
- 1 (7.6-ounce) bag Hershey's milk chocolate drops
- 1 (10-ounce) bag mini marshmallows
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl and toss to evenly disperse. Serve with a big scoop and paper cups or bowls for individual servings.
- For individual servings, use cellopane bags and create a layer of marshmallows, followed by a layer of Hershey's milk chocolate drops, followed by a layer of teddy grahams. Seal so that the snack mix is fairly compact so the contents don't shift around to create a barrier between the marshmallows and the teddy grahams so the crackers don't soften too quickly.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 306