This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Grilled Peaches with Ice Cream is a perfectly sweet and juicy treat and one of the best summer dessert recipes to use this fantastic fruit from the farmer's market.
I'm totally and completely obsessed with fresh peaches during the summer months when they are in season. Hands-down, with no hesitation, I can say that a fresh, ripe peach is my favorite fruit of all time.
We love to eat them plain, or even cut up and drizzled with a little heavy cream for peaches and cream.
How to Grill Peaches
Don't be intimidated to grill your fruit. The heat from the grill brings out the natural sugars in stone fruit and caramelizes the edges.
Grilled fruit is absolutely delicious (we love grilled pineapple as well) and can be added to salads, served alongside proteins, or offered as a perfect summer dessert.
All it takes to grill peaches is a grill, a little oil, and fresh, ripe peaches, preferably the freestone variety rather than cling. The difference between cling and freestone peaches is whether the flesh of the peach clings to or releases from the pit in the center of the fruit.
Freestone is much easier to work with, especially if you are going to be throwing the sliced peach halves on the grill. Although if you only have cling peaches, you can just slice close to the pit and that will work too.
Heat the grill to medium-high heat, then brush the cut sides of as many peaches as you would like with just a little bit of oil to help prevent them sticking to the grill grates.
Arrange the peaches on the grill, cut sides down, then grill for 3-4 minutes, until grill marks start to appear. I like to flip my peaches to cook on the other side for another 3-4 minutes, just until the peaches are warm all the way through and softened.
Then remove the peaches from the grill and drizzle with a little honey before topping with ice cream and devouring. Vanilla ice cream is wonderful, or for something extra special, try this toasted almond ice cream.
This same technique works for any stone fruit - peaches, nectarines, plums, or apricots - whatever looks good at the farmer's market this week!
Speaking of the farmer's market, keep scrolling to the end of this post for more farmer's market inspired recipes from some of my food blogging friends as we celebrate National Farmer's Market Week this week!
More Fruit Dessert Recipes
- Fresh Strawberry Pie without Jell-O
- Southern Peach Pie Perfection
- Blackberry Swirl Ice Cream
- Strawberry Pineapple Coconut Swirl Popsicles
- Fresh Peach Cobbler à la Mode
- Strawberry Pretzel Icebox Pie
Did you make this recipe? Let me know what you thought with a comment and star rating below. You can also take a picture and tag me on Instagram @houseofnasheats or share it on the Pinterest pin so I can see.
Grilled Peaches with Ice Cream
- 2 large ripe peaches sliced in half
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- honey to drizzle over the grilled peaches
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- Heat a grill to medium-high heat. Brush the cut halves of each peach with oil, then lay them cut side down on the grill and close the lid.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes until grill marks appear, then flip the peaches and cook for another 3-4 minutes until the peaches are warm all the way though and the peaches are soft.
- Remove the peaches from the grill and drizzle with a little honey, then top each peach half with a scoop of ice cream and serve.