Oreo Dip is the perfect combination of sweet, creamy, and loaded with chunks of crunchy Oreos. Serve it up with fresh strawberries, additional Oreos, chocolate graham crackers, or Nilla Wafers for the perfect go-to party dip!
When you think of dips to serve to a group of people, savory is what typically comes to mind. But serving up a wonderful dessert dip makes party prep so simple. If you are looking for more ideas, try out this delicious S'mores Dip and this Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Chips.
If you love the classic flavor of cookies and cream ice cream like we do, then this dip is for you! Also, you might want to consider trying our cookies and cream macarons and Oreo cookies and cream cake as well.
Oreo dip is so fast and easy to whip up for any type of gathering you're hosting, to take to a party as a dessert, or even for the family to enjoy. The kids (and adults!) will love you!
The tanginess of the cream cheese offsets the sweetness of America's favorite chocolate sandwich cookies perfectly and gives this dip a scrumptious texture. You can serve it with any dipping option you can think of from more Oreos (or double-stuff or mint!), pretzels, fruit, animal crackers, Nilla Wafers, etc. The possibilities are really endless!
Why You'll Want to Make This Recipe
- Prep is less than 5 minutes!
- It's perfect treat for grazing during holidays, parties, and game nights.
- You probably already have everything on hand. I know I always have a sleeve of Oreos in the pantry, don't you?
- Cream cheese: I recommend using the full-fat version for this treat, but the reduced fat kind works too. The cream cheese gives the Oreo dip its classic creamy but dense texture. Make sure to let the cream cheese come to room temperature for easy mixing.
- Whipped cream: I highly recommend making homemade whipped cream (so easy! so good!) but you can always just use a tub of Cool Whip instead.
- Oreo cookies: I use regular Oreos with the cream filling still inside. No need to remove it!
How to Make This Recipe
- Crush the oreos. This is really easy if you place the Oreos in a large Ziploc bag and pound on it with your fist or gently roll with a rolling pin. You don't want them to be finely ground crumbs, just broken up for the right texture.
- Make the base of the dip: Beat together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl. Again, this is way easier to do if the cream cheese has had a chance to soften a bit from the fridge.
- Add the whipped cream. Fold the whipped cream or Cool Whip into the cream cheese mixture ⅓ at a time. You don't want to deflate it, but you do want to mix everything together so use a spatula and scrape around the bottom and sides of the bowl so it all gets evenly mixed.
- Fold in the crushed Oreos, reserving 1 tablespoon for garnish.
- Transfer the Oreo Dip to a serving bowl and sprinkle the reserved crushed Oreos on top.
- Serve and Enjoy! Serve the dip along with additional Oreos, Nilla Wafers, graham crackers, or fresh strawberries for dipping.
Of course! They should both work just the same.
Yes. This dip lasts for up to three days in the fridge. However, we really think it's best on the first day it's made as the Oreos will soften more over time. I would recommend waiting to add the crushed Oreos until you are ready to serve so they don't get soft sitting in the fridge.
If you are having a party, the Oreo dip can sit out for about 2 hours and be just fine. The cream cheese stabilizes the whipped cream and the sugar acts as a preservative. But any longer than that and the dip should be refrigerated.
- Don't overcrush your Oreos. This dip is best when the Oreos crushed into small pieces but not pulverized into crumbs like when you make cheesecake crust or my cookies and cream frosting. The variety in texture makes this dip delicious.
- Make sure the cream cheese is at room temperature. Cold cream cheese is difficult to blend up. Just leave it on the counter for an hour or two prior to mixing.
- Storage. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Flavor variation: You can use any flavor of Oreo that you like to change up the flavor a bit. We also like the mint Oreos!
More Go-To Party Dessert Recipes
Did you make this recipe?
Let me know what you thought with a comment and rating below. You can also take a picture and tag me on Instagram @houseofnasheats or share it on the Pinterest pin so I can see.
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 16 Oreo cookies lightly crushed
- Oreo cookies
- Vanilla wafers
- Graham crackers
- Fresh strawberries
- Beat the cream using an electric hand mixer until stiff peaks form, but do not overbeat the cream which can cause it to turn into butter. Set aside
- Beat together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla in another large bowl.
- Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture ⅓ at a time.
- Fold in the crushed Oreos, reserving 1 tablespoon for garnish.
- Transfer the Oreo dip to a serving bowl and sprinkle the reserved crushed Oreos on top.
- Serve with additional Oreos, Nilla Wafers, graham crackers, or fresh strawberries or other fruit for dipping.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- This recipe can be made with any kind of Oreo flavor you like. The mint Oreos are another of our favorites.
- The heavy cream can be replaced by a thawed 8-ounce container of Cool Whip.
Reader questions and reviews
Oh my gosh, this dip is amazing. I couldn't resist "sampling" it as I made it. I'll be making this one again over the holidays!
The kids loved this dip. So much fun and laughter was had! Thanks for the recipe.
A thousand times YES to this dip! What fun! What a great recipe to make with kids... and also eat!
Perfect for a last minute easy treat that everyone will love! Make for a neighborhood potluck. It was devoured!
Made it for our halloween party this weekend and they were gone in no time! Was hoping for leftovers, but nope...no leftovers. Guess I'll just have to make it again! SO GOOD and super easy!
Wait a dip that has Oreos and you can use Oreos to dip in it! Yes please! This will be perfect as a sweet treat for the football party we're hosting this weekend!
OK, this looks addictive! What a treat. Can't wait to try!
We had a watch party here yesterday, and I made this thinking the kids would love it -- turns out the adults devoured it! LOL! Next time I am doubling it!