These cheesy Chicken Parmesan Sliders are an easy game day party appetizer or a fun weeknight meal that the entire family will enjoy! Soft sandwich rolls loaded with crispy breaded chicken tenders, marinara sauce, and lots of gooey mozzarella cheese make these sliders a fun take on the classic Italian-American Chicken Parmigiana!
Looking for more game day recipes? Be sure to also check out our Crispy Loaded Potato Skins, Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers, and Easy Refried Bean Dip!
Sliders are always a favorite at parties and are perfect game day food because everybody loves a bite-size sandwich! Plus, chicken parmesan sliders are easy to prepare, especially if you use pre-cooked breaded chicken tenders or chicken strips from the store.
And the smell of the garlic and butter and marinara just makes your house smell so cozy and inviting!
Honestly, who doesn't love a classic chicken parm? All those robust, savory flavors of tomato sauce and melted cheese over tender breaded chicken? What's not to love?! It's Italian-American comfort food at its best.
The most time consuming part of making chicken parmesan sliders is the chicken itself. You can make homemade crispy chicken tenders yourself by either frying them in oil or baking them in the oven or just buy breaded chicken tenders from your local deli at the store.
Or even get the kind in the freezer aisle and follow the package directions to heat them through before assembling these sliders.
Normally I'm not one to advocate for buying products like this from the freezer section at the store since I like to make most things from scratch, but when it comes to party planning and party food, I have a rule that simpler almost always equals better, or at least less stressful, so I will often make an exception.
Last Halloween for our annual party we made multiple batches of different kinds of sliders and a similar batch of marinara and meatball sliders were one of the first things to go.
It's hard to say which I like better - the chicken parm or meatball version - but really the only difference is swapping out the breaded chicken tenders for cooked Italian meatballs.
Either way these are definitely a winner!
How to Make Chicken Parmesan Sliders
Just slice a bag of King's Hawaiian Sweet Dinner Rolls in half horizontally without separating the rolls so you just have one large top and bottom section to work with.
Then arrange the fully cooked breaded chicken tenders on top, spoon a little marinara over them, and sprinkle with a generous helping of shredded mozzarella cheese before placing the remaining top section of rolls on top.
A quick and easy garlicky herby parmesan butter sauce gets brushed over the tops of the rolls, then they get covered in foil and baked for about 20 minutes until hot all the way through, removing the foil halfway through so the tops of the buns have a chance to get nice and brown.
Slice apart the sliders and serve them up hot for your hungry crowd! Depending on how many people are coming for the party, you can make a double batch of these or choose another slider option so that guests have a couple to choose from!
More Sliders & Sandwich Recipes You'll Love!
- Slow Cooker Asian Pulled Pork Sliders
- Blue Bayou Monte Cristo Sandwiches
- Crock Pot Mississippi Pot Roast Sandwiches
- Red, White, and Blueberry Bacon Burger with Basil Aioli
- Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches
- Grilled Cajun Chicken Sandwiches
Did you make this recipe?
Let me know what you thought with a comment and rating below. You can also take a picture and tag me on Instagram @houseofnasheats or share it on the Pinterest pin so I can see.
Chicken Parmesan Sliders
- 1 12 count package King's Hawaiian Sweet Dinner Rolls
- 1 pound crispy breaded chicken strips
- 1 ½ cups marinara sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4 Tablespoons butter melted
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Cook the chicken strips if frozen or preparing from scratch. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice the rolls in half horizontally without separating. Place the bottom halves of the rolls into a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Arrange the chicken on top of the roll bottoms, then spoon the marinara sauce evenly over the chicken. Sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese and half of the Parmesan. Top the sliders with the remaining halves of the rolls.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, Italian seasoning, and remaining Parmesan cheese. Brush over the tops of the rolls, then cover the pan with foil and place in the oven.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then remove the foil and bake another 10 minutes uncovered until the tops of the sliders and deep golden brown and the sliders are hot throughout with the cheese completely melted.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for 10 minutes before cutting into individual slicers and serving.
Reader questions and reviews
These look delicious! Is it crazy I just want to eat sliders for every meal the next 2 weeks?!
Ha! Sounds like a good plan to me! And there certainly is enough variety to make it happen, right?!
These look like spectacular game day edibles. All the cheese and butter and I LOVE those sweet rolls.
Oh, wow! These sliders look so delicious! I love chicken Parmesan - definitely trying this!
Just made these for dinner! They were a big hit, and even my picky eater loved them.
This looks amazing and fairly simple to do. I have never made stuffed anything but these look simple enough to try sometime. I love how you made garlic zucchini noodles to go with the dish. That’s my favorite way to eat zucchini noodles. I use my spiralizer weekly. Definitely one of the best birthday gifts I have received.
David Chang’s podcast brought me here.
Thanks for visiting!
Are the chicken tenders to be used in the recipe thawed or still frozen? Thanks!
They are fully cooked chicken tenders that have been baked and ready to eat.