This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SandwichWithTheBest #CollectiveBiasInspired by one of our favorite children’s books, this Green Eggs & Ham Sandwich is light, delicious, and perfect for Spring! And you can get everything you need for it at Walmart.Of all the wonderful books by Dr. Seuss, my favorite is easily Green Eggs and Ham. It’s one I read to my girls on a regular basis and they love it just as much as I do. As a food blogger, I relate to that crazy Sam-I-Am and I have used his philosophy about giving things a try before deciding you don’t like them many, many times with my girls (and myself, frankly). Since the weather is starting to warm up and Dr. Seuss’s birthday is in March, I thought what better way to celebrate the return of picnicking weather than to create a sandwich inspired by Green Eggs and Ham! We are all eager to be outside soaking in the return of the sunshine, so sandwiches are a quick way of getting a nutritious meal in without spending all my time in the kitchen. I used Pepperidge Farm Farmhouse™ Hearty White bread because honestly, when it comes to egg salad sandwiches I just prefer white bread to brown, even though I typically go for oatmeal or whole wheat bread. But all the Pepperidge Farm Farmhouse breads are slow baked, hearty, and delicious, so totally choose whichever you like best.If you are anything like me, you will probably have a plethora of hard boiled eggs in the fridge in the spring, thanks to Easter, which is already right around the corner, so a Green Eggs & Ham Sandwich is a perfect way to use them up! Mash those together with some perfectly ripe avocados that are just coming into season this time of year and mix in some fresh spring chives and Best Foods® Real mayonnaise and voila, you’ve got yourself some delicious green egg salad! And trust me that pairing your green egg salad with some slow roasted Hillshire Farm® Thin Sliced Honey Ham is the right decision to make. Sam-I-Am was definitely on to something with this pairing. I picked up some Hillshire Farm® Honey Ham, Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise and Pepperidge Farm® bread while I was at Walmart getting groceries.It might sound a little bonkers to pair egg salad with ham, but it’s seriously delicious and makes plain ol’ regular egg salad seem just a little boring. Besides, we love that Hillshire Farm® Honey Ham has just a touch of sweetness and is sliced extra thin.To assemble your sandwich, just pile some ham on your bread, then add a generous layer of green egg salad, top with another slice of bread, and lunch is served. It’s a sandwich that I would definitely eat here or there or anywhere! Get even more sandwich ideas at by clicking here and be sure to pin this for later!
- 4 slices Pepperidge Farm® bread
- 4-6 slices Hillshire Farm® Honey Ham
- 3 hard boiled eggs
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- 3 tablespoons Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Peel the hard boiled eggs and place them in a medium size bowl. Using a fork, mash the eggs against the sides of the bowl until they are broken up. Add the mayo and chives.
- Peel the avocado and discard the pit. Dice half of the avocado and add it to the eggs. Mash the other half of the avocado in a small bowl, then add it to the egg salad as well and mix everything together until combined.
- Season the egg salad with salt and pepper, then taste, adjusting seasoning as needed.
- Assemble the sandwich by dividing the ham between two of the slices of bread. Top with egg salad divided between each sandwich, then place the remaining bread slices on top to make two sandwiches. Slice and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 707 Saturated Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 323mg Sodium: 1188mg Carbohydrates: 37g Fiber: 9g Sugar: 5g Protein: 29g