This cool Pumpkin Pie Milkshake is made with creamy vanilla ice cream, whole milk, delicious pumpkin puree, and pumpkin pie spice for a warm & cozy fall treat that's perfect for ice cream lovers!
Table of Contents
It's that time of year again when cozy sweaters, warm, vibrant foliage, and, of course, pumpkin-flavored treats reign supreme.
Pumpkin recipes, especially the cherished pumpkin pie, have been a staple in American households, particularly during the fall season. The creamy texture of pumpkin, combined with the warmth of fall flavors like cinnamon and nutmeg, truly captures the essence of the cooler season.
If you're seeking the ultimate pumpkin treat that's both easy to make and perfect for any occasion, this Pumpkin Pie Milkshake recipe is the perfect way to satisfy your sweet tooth; it's like a slice of pumpkin pie in milkshake form!
Why We Love This Recipe
- Add your favorite spices, toppings, and fillings to this recipe for the perfect sweet treat!
- We'll only need 4 simple ingredients for this recipe, and you can find them easily at your local grocery store.
- Quick and easy, this pumpkin spice milkshake is ready in just 5 minutes!
What You'll Need
Scroll down to the recipe card below this post for ingredient quantities and full instructions.
- Canned Pumpkin - This is the base of our shake. It provides that authentic pumpkin flavor and creamy texture.
- Whole Milk - Adds creaminess to get the milkshake to the perfect consistency.
- Vanilla Ice Cream - Ice cream is the key to making the milkshake thick and creamy. Opt for a creamy vanilla bean ice cream for the best results.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice - This spice blend elevates the pumpkin flavor, giving the shake its iconic taste.
How to Make This Recipe
- Put ingredients in blender. Add the canned pumpkin, milk, vanilla ice cream, and pumpkin pie spice to a large blender.
- Blend until smooth. Blend the ingredients together until well combined and smooth.
- Pour into glasses. Immediately pour into chilled milkshake glasses.
- Garnish and serve. Add whipped cream with a sprinkle of cinnamon, a pinch of nutmeg, or some Graham cracker crumbs to the top of the milkshake for even more flavor and texture!
Canned pumpkin is pure pumpkin puree without added spices or sugar. In contrast, pumpkin pie filling has added spices and sweeteners, making it ready for pie-making.
Place the milkshake into an airtight container in the freezer. If you've frozen the milkshake, let it thaw for about 10–15 minutes, then give it a quick blend in the blender to restore its creamy texture before serving. Add a little milk to thin it out, if needed.
Tips for Success
- Make your own pumpkin puree instead of canned pumpkin puree for the most homemade pumpkin flavor.
- It's best to use a high-powered blender for this recipe for the best results. You can use a large jar or measuring jug with an immersion blender if you need to.
- You might need to adjust the flavors, depending on the sweetness of your ice cream and pureed pumpkin. Always taste the milkshake and adjust according to your preferences before serving it, whether that means adding more spices or even a bit of brown sugar, maple syrup, or honey to sweeten it up a bit.
Substitutions and Variations
- Use any kind of milk. Almond milk, coconut milk, or any non-dairy milk is a good milk substitute, along with a non-dairy vanilla ice cream for those looking for a dairy-free option.
- Add your favorite. Try adding a drizzle of caramel, melted white chocolate, chocolate curls, or mini baking chips for added sweetness.
- Add more flavor. Add some vanilla extract or almond extract to your milkshake for an added depth of flavor.
More Delicious Pumpkin Recipes You'll Love
- Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Baked Pumpkin Donuts
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse
- Starbucks Pumpkin Scones
- Pumpkin Bundt Cake
Did you make this recipe?
Let me know what you thought with a comment and rating below. You can also take a picture and tag me on Instagram @houseofnasheats or share it on the Pinterest pin so I can see.
Pumpkin Pie Milkshake
- 30 ounces canned pumpkin
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 1½ Tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- Add the canned pumpkin, milk, vanilla ice cream, and pumpkin pie spice to a largeblender.
- Blend the ingredients together until well combined and smooth. Immediately pour intomilkshake glasses and, if desired serve with whipped cream, a pinch of nutmeg, a smallslice of pumpkin pie, caramel sauce, or graham crackers. Enjoy!
- Be sure to use a large blender for this recipe. If using a smaller blender, halve the recipe and blend in 2 rounds, or else the ingredients may not fit into your blender.
- Store: Pour any leftover milkshake into an airtight container and store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Stir well before enjoying it again.
- Freeze: Place the milkshake into an airtight container in the freezer. If you've frozen the milkshake, let it thaw for about 10–15 minutes, then give it a quick blend in the blender to restore its creamy texture before serving. Add a little milk to thin it out, if needed.