This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Warm, soft Chocolate Chip S’mores Cookies are a mashup of two classic desserts. Chewy chocolate chip cookies join forces with the summer vacation flavors of toasted marshmallows and graham crackers in one delicious treat!
To say we have a s’mores obsession is a bit of an understatement. Don’t miss some of our other popular s’mores-inspired recipes like these S’mores Bars, S’mores Cupcakes, S’mores Snack Mix, S’mores Dip, and a S’mores Cake that never fails to impress and delight!
S’mores Chocolate Chip Cookies
The siren call of melty milk chocolate and toasted marshmallows sandwiched between two graham crackers is one that resonates with me as an echo of many childhood camping trips.
I spent lots of summer nights around a campfire learning to toast the perfect marshmallow and deciding on my perfect ratio of marshmallow to chocolate to graham cracker. It’s 2 marshmallows to 4 squares of chocolate to 2 graham cracker halves, btw. I like plenty of marshmallow in the mix.
What are s’mores cookies?
These s’mores cookies take my love of classic s’mores and add in the buttery, toffee-esque element of chocolate chip cookies. It’s a dessert mash-up that was always meant to be. They are a bit fussier than your typical chocolate chip cookie, but it’s worth it for any die-hard s’mores lover out there.
How to make s’mores cookies
What starts as a standard chocolate chip cookie recipe transforms with the addition of both milk and semisweet chocolate chips, chunks of broken-up graham cracker pieces, and a good amount of mini marshmallows that get stirred into the dough. Scoop the dough into balls and arrange them spaced out on parchment paper, then bake in the oven until they are *nearly* done. The parchment paper is a must when baking with marshmallows!
When the cookies are close to being set, they get pulled out of the oven and dressed up a bit. Press additional marshmallows into the tops of each cookie, along with broken up Hershey bars and pieces of graham cracker. Then the cookies go back into the oven to finish baking for a final minute. Much more than that and the marshmallows on top puff up and start to melt away.
I like to finish the cookies by opening the oven door a crack and switching to the broiler to toast the marshmallows on top a bit.
The result is that you actually still get the crunch of the graham cracker pieces and the toasted flavor of the marshmallows. Plus plenty of chocolate that gets everywhere. S’mores are a messy, sticky business, and these chocolate chip s’mores cookies are true to that standard.
Keeping cookies fresh
Store these cookies in an airtight container on the counter for about 4-5 days. And like classic chocolate chip cookies, these are incredibly delicious with a glass of cold milk! You can even freeze them for up to 2 months. Just let them come up to room temperature on the counter before enjoying.
For the full s’more effect, microwave the cookies 10-15 seconds before serving. So good!
More cookie recipes you’ll love!
- Rocky Road Cookies
- Chewy Brownie Cookies
- Soft & Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Best Cut-Out Sugar Cookies
- Peanut Butter M&M Cookies
- Chocolate Andes Mint Cookies
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups mini marshmallows, divided
- 2 cups graham crackers, broken up into small pieces (about 9-10 crackers), divided
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 Hershey's bars, broken into pieces
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Beat for 2-3 minutes until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat well until incorporated.
- Add flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt, mixing just until combined.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of the graham cracker pieces, 1 1/2 cups of the marshmallows, milk chocolate chips, and semisweet chocolate chips, stirring just until dispersed throughout the dough.
- Scoop 2-3 tablespoon size balls of dough onto the parchment lined baking sheets, leaving room for the cookies to spread. Bake for 10 minutes until almost done, then remove from the oven and press 4-5 additional marshmallows on top of each cookie, along with a couple extra pieces of broken-up graham cracker and Hershey bar.
- Return to oven and bake for 1-2 minutes until done. If desired, switch oven to broil and toast the marshmallows on top. But be careful as the small marshmallows can burn quickly.
- Cool for 2-3 minutes on the pan before transferring to a wire cooling rack. Store in an airtight container on the counter for 4-5 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 324Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 49mgSodium: 331mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 1gSugar: 24gProtein: 4g
This post first appeared on Best Desserts, where I am a contributor.