This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
This creamy, dreamy Cottage Cheese Jello Salad is one of my favorite treats once the weather turns warm in the spring and summer. It’s perfect for potlucks, backyard barbecues, and family reunions!
This recipe has the potential to be the most divisive one I’ve posted here on House of Nash Eats. It seems to be one of those things you either love or you hate. I love it. My husband can’t stand the stuff. His loss, my gain, I say.
I grew up with this cottage cheese jello salad at every family reunion and potluck. I don’t remember it ever having a name – we just called it “the pink stuff” or “the orange stuff” depending on the color at the time. But it was always the offering I went back for over, and over, and over, loading up my plate with giant spoonfuls of the stuff.
I’m a HUGE fan of cottage cheese, especially with fruit. One of my favorite snacks since I was a kid was just a bowl of cottage cheese with sliced pears. It’s so good and quick and easy! And healthy too!
This is a perfect sweet treat for your Easter dinner table, but it’s great served all year long. We always had it for 4th of July, Labor Day BBQ’s, and any other potluck or family reunion gathering in Idaho where all my mom’s family is from.
How to Make Cottage Cheese Jello Salad
One of the best things about this quick and easy recipe is that you don’t even need to measure anything.
You literally just combine a can of drained crushed pineapple (don’t forget to drain the juice off or your salad will end up soupy), a carton of cottage cheese, and a box of your favorite Jello flavor.
Then fold in a tub of Cool Whip until combined and pop it in the fridge for an hour!
I would say it’s a one-bowl recipe, except I always mix it in a larger bowl, then transfer it to a smaller serving bowl for a cleaner, prettier presentation. I think this is best alongside a burger, chips, and baked beans. It really goes with anything, but those flavors are forever entwined in my memory of summertime!
More Fun Jello Recipes Everybody Loves
- Lemon Pineapple Jello with Whipped Cream Topping
- Orange Jello Salad with Pudding Whipped Cream
- Layered Rainbow Jello
- Cranberry Jello Salad with Cream Cheese Topping
- Coca-Cola Jello Salad
- 1 (3 oz.) package jello, any flavor
- 1 (15 oz.) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (16 oz.) container cottage cheese
- 1 (8 oz.) container Cool Whip, thawed
- Combine cottage cheese, pineapple, and gelatin in a bowl, stirring well.
- Fold the Cool Whip in with the other ingredients until combined. Try not to overmix and deflate the Cool Whip.
- Transfer to a clean serving bowl, then cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 170Saturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 276mgCarbohydrates: 26gSugar: 22gProtein: 8g