This post is sponsored in conjunction with #SpringSweetsWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to help in the creation of the #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
This creamy, dreamy Cottage Cheese Jello Salad is one of my favorite treats once the weather turns warm in the spring and summer. It’s perfect for potlucks, backyard barbecues, and family reunions!
This recipe has the potential to be the most divisive one I’ve posted here on House of Nash Eats. It seems to be one of those things you either love or you hate.
I love it. My husband can’t stand the stuff. His loss, my gain, I say.
I grew up with this cottage cheese jello salad at every family reunion and potluck. I don’t remember it ever having a name – we just called it “the pink stuff” or “the orange stuff” depending on the color at the time. But it was always the offering I went back for over, and over, and over, loading up my plate with giant spoonfuls of the stuff.
I’m a HUGE fan of cottage cheese, especially with fruit. One of my favorite snacks since I was a kid was just a bowl of cottage cheese with sliced pears. It’s so good and quick and easy! And healthy too!
So when I found out that Nancy’s Yogurt was one of the Spring Sweets Week sponsors, I knew instantly that I had to use their fantastic cottage cheese to make “the pink stuff” for the blog.
This is a perfect sweet treat for your Easter dinner table, but it’s great served all year long. We always had it for 4th of July, Labor Day BBQ’s, and any other potluck or family reunion gathering in Idaho where all my mom’s family is from.
How to Make Cottage Cheese Jello Salad
One of the best things about this quick and easy recipe is that you don’t even need to measure anything. You literally just combine a can of drained crushed pineapple (don’t forget to drain the juice off or your salad will end up soupy), a carton of cottage cheese, and a box of your favorite Jello flavor. Then fold in a tub of Cool Whip until combined and pop it in the fridge for an hour!
I would say it’s a one-bowl recipe, except I always mix it in a larger bowl, then transfer it to a smaller serving bowl for a cleaner, prettier presentation.
I think this is best alongside a burger, chips, and baked beans. It really goes with anything, but those flavors are forever entwined in my memory of summertime!
Keep scrolling to the bottom of the post for more fun Spring Sweets Week recipes and to enter our giveaway. You can check out all the giveaway prizes at my post for marshmallow popcorn balls.
More Fun Jello Recipes Everybody Loves
- Lemon Pineapple Jello with Whipped Cream Topping
- Orange Jello Salad with Pudding Whipped Cream
- Layered Rainbow Jello
- 1 (3 oz.) package jello, any flavor
- 1 (15 oz.) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (16 oz.) container cottage cheese
- 1 (8 oz.) container Cool Whip, thawed
- Combine cottage cheese, pineapple, and gelatin in a bowl, stirring well.
- Fold the Cool Whip in with the other ingredients until combined. Try not to overmix and deflate the Cool Whip.
- Transfer to a clean serving bowl, then cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 170 Saturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 14mg Sodium: 276mg Carbohydrates: 26g Sugar: 22g Protein: 8g
I’m participating in Spring Sweets Week with some of my food blogging friends. Be sure to check out their recipes below and enter our giveaway!
Tuesday #SpringSweetsWeek Recipes
- Bird’s Nest Thumbprint Cookies by The Freshman Cook
- Blood Orange Danish Puff Pastry Pinwheels by The Gingered Whisk
- Brownie & Ice Cream Peeps Pops by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Caramel Walnut French Toast Bake by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Chick’s Nests (aka Haystacks) by Books n’ Cooks
- Chocolate Coconut Toasted Granola by Cooking With Carlee
- Classic Banana Pudding Parfaits by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Cottage Cheese Jello Salad by House of Nash Eats
- Easy Coconut Sheet Cake by Palatable Pastime
- Fresh Key Lime Pie by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Lemon Daisy Tartlets by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Monster Cookie Cake by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Orange Vanilla Creme Baked Donuts by Kelly Lynn’s Sweets and Treats
- Orange Creme Smoothie by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Orange Ricotta Cake by The Tip Garden
- PEEPS Easter Bunny Vanilla cake by Cookaholic Wife
- Small Batch Double Lemon Cupcakes by Family Around the Table
- Spring Snack Mix by Sweet Beginnings
- Vegan Oatmeal Cookie Sweet Rolls with Oatmilk Yogurt Frosting by The Baking Fairy
- Whipped Yogurt Fruit Tart by The Crumby Kitchen
- White Chocolate Popcorn with Sprinkles by Creative Southern Home
- Yogurt Parfait with Barlean’s Orange Creme by Our Good Life
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE?
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience. Getting feedback from you helps me and other readers too!
Also, if you share on INSTAGRAM, use the hashtag #houseofnasheats and tag me (@houseofnasheats) so I can stop by and give your post some love. Thank you!!!
Thank you #SpringSweetsWeek Sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Swiss Diamond, Nancy’s Yogurt, Barlean’s, Sprinkle Pop, PEEPS, Melissa’s Produce, and Adams Extracts for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The #SpringSweetsWeek giveaway is open to residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Eight (8) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The #SpringSweetsWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #SpringSweetsWeek posts or entry.